Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

EVO plush ride + King bypass shocks

Old 04-04-2016, 07:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EVO plush ride + King bypass shocks

Looking for feedback on the EVO plush ride coils. Mostly concerned about feedback on highway and dune wheeling.
If anyone has paired them with King's bypass shocks I'd love to hear your feedback specifically.
This is the route I'd like to go next getting the 3" coils.
Old 04-05-2016, 03:39 AM
Super Moderator

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Blizz
Looking for feedback on the EVO plush ride coils. Mostly concerned about feedback on highway and dune wheeling. If anyone has paired them with King's bypass shocks I'd love to hear your feedback specifically. This is the route I'd like to go next getting the 3" coils.
Do not have the King Bypass shocks but I do love my 3inch EVO Plush Ride coils. Handles really well on the road and give a softer ride off road but not anywhere near Coilovers.

Cannot talk about dune riding because we do not have dunes in Fort Worth.

R/
Will
Old 04-05-2016, 06:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Canvas
Do not have the King Bypass shocks but I do love my 3inch EVO Plush Ride coils. Handles really well on the road and give a softer ride off road but not anywhere near Coilovers.

Cannot talk about dune riding because we do not have dunes in Fort Worth.

R/
Will
It doesn't seem like too many people are using the bypass unless paired with coilovers.
Were the EVO coils your first set or did you have previous coils to compare them to?
I'm also looking at the metalcloak dual rates.
Old 04-05-2016, 07:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Finishing up MC 3.5 w King 2.5 OEMs later today. Will let u know how it rides.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2848451073.jpg
Views:	1390
Size:	496.8 KB
ID:	642835
Old 04-05-2016, 07:45 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Blizz
Looking for feedback on the EVO plush ride coils. Mostly concerned about feedback on highway and dune wheeling. If anyone has paired them with King's bypass shocks I'd love to hear your feedback specifically. This is the route I'd like to go next getting the 3" coils.
I don't have the EVO coils but I have the RK triple rate paired with kings bypass with the adjustors and I love it you can set them any way you like soft or hard is probably if not the Number 1 mod one of my favorites along with JW speaker led headlights.
As far your question on the highway they handle great very little to almost none nose dive on hard braking I driven on the beach a few times and paired with the king air bumps are great also some rock crawling and they perform just awesome.
Old 04-05-2016, 11:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

I just switched from running MC 2.5" coils and OME shocks to EVO 3" and Rancho 9K's. I am very pleased with the ride. It is much smoother now and I enjoy the ride quality better while on the street. It's softer or plush. Road imperfections are soaked up better. Haven't gotten the EVO off-road yet, but it won't be dunes anyway.
Old 04-05-2016, 02:19 PM
JK Freak

I have the Evo Plush Ride Coils and Rancho 9000 shocks. Rides great and has a oft feel that soaks up road bumps well.
Old 04-05-2016, 02:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by stangmike1
I don't have the EVO coils but I have the RK triple rate paired with kings bypass with the adjustors and I love it you can set them any way you like soft or hard is probably if not the Number 1 mod one of my favorites along with JW speaker led headlights.
As far your question on the highway they handle great very little to almost none nose dive on hard braking I driven on the beach a few times and paired with the king air bumps are great also some rock crawling and they perform just awesome.
What made you decide to go with the RK triples over some of the other options?
Old 04-05-2016, 02:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Ripa777
Finishing up MC 3.5 w King 2.5 OEMs later today. Will let u know how it rides.

Attachment 642835
Very interested in this feedback. Basically the exact setup I'd like to try out next. What is your shock length? 14"?
Old 04-05-2016, 03:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

I've had the EVO plush ride coils with Fox shocks and now that RK Triple rate could with fox. I like the EVO coils but found them too squishy, especially when loaded up for a trip. The RK coils seem to handle the weight better. Then have more travel and I like the little extra firm ride over EVO. RK isn't harsh just feels more solid. Especially when cornering.

Quick Reply: EVO plush ride + King bypass shocks