Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

evo no limit or jks quick diso

Old 10-17-2011, 06:37 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by drivingfool
I'm a sahara driver, and went with the teraflex quick discos. That rubi manual e-disco seems nice. My only beef about the rubi disco is that it's possible for the link to hyper extend and come up backwards. I reckon if you like to go fast in the mud it doesn't matter, but if you're going to be throttling over rocks at full droop, I'd go with a clean disconnect.
I could be wrong, but isnt that usually when people have the improper length of links on their swaybar?
Old 10-17-2011, 06:40 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by GCM 2
Boss, I'm just trying educate and to dispell the false information or uban legends before they become known as an incorrect fact
LOL!! well, you do it well

Originally Posted by danmojo82
I could be wrong, but isnt that usually when people have the improper length of links on their swaybar?
nope, you aren't wrong, this is exactly why that happens. so long as your links are the correct length, you will not have any problems.
Old 10-17-2011, 06:55 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by karls10jk
I was looking at it from a straight on point of view. He already has the stock sway bar there. So with the e-disco he would have to uninstall the old, reinstall the new, and get longer links, then add the evo piece. With the JKS all you have to do is put the links in.

That was simply my standpoint. I have not used the rubi e-disco yet but have seen the videos.
i understand where you're coming from and, if this were strictly an issue of cost, i would have to agree that getting quick discos makes more sense. however, if you have the funds, removing and installing the parts needed to run the evo no limits is super easy and can be done in about 10 min with some basic tools. of course, the benefits of the evo no limits makes it totally worth it, or, at least to me anyway.
Old 10-17-2011, 07:00 AM
JK Super Freak

I was looking at it from a straight on point of view. He already has the stock sway bar there. So with the e-disco he would have to uninstall the old, reinstall the new, and get longer links, then add the evo piece. With the JKS all you have to do is put the links in.

That was simply my standpoint. I have not used the rubi e-disco yet but have seen the videos.
I got what you were saying. But the price would be about the same all said and done. If anything the Evo way might be cheaper if he can swap out the sway bar himself.

EVO NoLimits Manual Rubicon Swaybar Disconnect Price: $89.99 directly from ORE
Rubicon Electronic Disconnect $50 from friend.
Total $139.99 (not including shipping or labor if needed)

JKS Jeep JK Quicker Disconnects 2.5"-6.0" Lift $148.95 from Northridge 4x4 with free shipping. No labor required.

So price wise they are about the same for him. I wish I was able to find a burnt up Rubicon sway bar for that cheap. I've looked, they arent out there.
Old 10-17-2011, 08:20 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer
EVO MFG Representative

He would still need links to go with the rubi mount and evo piece unless the friend was on the same lift. We are missing info here
As long as his current swaybar endlinks are the correct length (ones supplied/recommended with his lift kit) he should not have to replace the endlinks. If they are too short with the E-Disco then they are too short with the stock swaybar aswell, and therefore should replace them either way.

EVO
Old 10-17-2011, 08:24 AM
JK Super Freak

If he got new rear links with his lift, the stock rear links are probably the right length and could be used in the front with the modified e disco.

At least that's what was suggested with my lift instructions and the e disco????
Old 10-17-2011, 08:28 AM
JK Freak

I guess I came too late to the thread, all of the great points I wanted to make have already been made.

I too would go with the EVO NoLimits manual Rubicon swaybar disconnect.
Old 10-19-2011, 03:33 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by JKred
If he got new rear links with his lift, the stock rear links are probably the right length and could be used in the front with the modified e disco.

At least that's what was suggested with my lift instructions and the e disco????
I have 2.5 teraflex coil lift, in the rear a got new links and im put my stock rear link in the front, the swaybar look parallel to the ground

Quick Reply: evo no limit or jks quick diso