Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

evo no limit or jks quick diso

Old 10-16-2011, 02:41 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question evo no limit or jks quick diso

i have a 2 doors sahara with 2.5 tf coil lift, i need more flex and im stock between this 2 setup

num 1 - one of my friend sale is rubi swaybar with the electric motor and every thing works. I just have to instal the swaybar end remove the motor end put the evo no limits manuel swaybar disco on it.

num 2 - buy JKS quick disco

what is the best solution and the must durable??
Old 10-16-2011, 04:26 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by karls10jk
JKS quick disco's would be better. In my opinion- the fewer moving parts to fail, the better off you are. Now, in theory you could get the rubi electronic disco and such then also add the JKS links in case the rubi motor ever fails. The JKS is also a lot easier to install. But, that is my opinion so take it for what it's worth.
if i instal the swaybar i will not use the electic motor, i will buy the evo no limit sway bar

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6e9TH_QgwU
Old 10-16-2011, 05:04 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by karls10jk
Yeah, but by the time that you buy the motor (to not be used) and the no limits piece you'll come out behind IMO. Also, do you have any lift or plans to lift? The JKS links are adjustable to an extent to accomdate different lift heights. Mine worked from stock up to the TF 2.5bb and then back down to just rubi coils.
I have teraflex 2.5 coil lift, the sway bar is onely 50$ from my friend who sale it because he buy a antirock
Old 10-17-2011, 04:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

JKS hands down, doesnt matter how well built something is there is always going to be replacement and maitenance on it, i would much rather replace links than that big goofy thing...
Old 10-17-2011, 05:01 AM
JK Super Freak

I'd go with the rubi and the evo no limits. It would be much easier to use on the trails.
Old 10-17-2011, 05:49 AM
JK Super Freak

Okay, so all of you that are giving negative reviews of the EVO manual sway bar disconnect actually have either no idea how it works or just misunderstanding how it works.
-There are no parts to break, because the motor no longer functions electronically.
-There is only one moving part, a knob that you turn to lock or unlock the sway bar.
-There would be no need to ever replace the swaybar motor, it is an nonfunctioning electrical part that is now controlled manually.
-EVO made this piece for Jeep Rubicons that had malfunctioning or no longer working swaybar motors.
-If you think swaybar quick disconnect links are easy, well not really when compare to this. I have had both and the EVO manual disconnect wins hands down.

From Offroad Evolution's website:
"The manually operated EVO NoLimits Swaybar Disconnect now allows you, with a few turns of the dial, to disconnect your Rubicon Swaybar at anytime, in any gear, and with any amount of articulation. No need to bounce the vehicle, no pins to pull or fighting to reinstall, no swaybar links to remove, no punctured tires from removed swaybar links, just unrestricted articulation. Back to the highway… Simply turn the dial a few turns in the opposite direction on level or uneven ground and your swaybar will fully reconnect by itself for highway use."

watch the video

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...ss+release+evo
Old 10-17-2011, 05:54 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by GCM 2
Okay, so all of you that are giving negative reviews of the EVO manual sway bar disconnect actually have either no idea how it works or just misunderstanding how it works.
-There are no parts to break, because the motor no longer functions electronically.
-There is only one moving part, a knob that you turn to lock or unlock the sway bar.
-There would be no need to ever replace the swaybar motor, it is an nonfunctioning electrical part that is now controlled manually.
-EVO made this piece for Jeep Rubicons that had malfunctioning or no longer working swaybar motors.
-If you think swaybar quick disconnect links are easy, well not really when compare to this. I have had both and the EVO manual disconnect wins hands down.

From Offroad Evolution's website:
"The manually operated EVO NoLimits Swaybar Disconnect now allows you, with a few turns of the dial, to disconnect your Rubicon Swaybar at anytime, in any gear, and with any amount of articulation. No need to bounce the vehicle, no pins to pull or fighting to reinstall, no swaybar links to remove, no punctured tires from removed swaybar links, just unrestricted articulation. Back to the highway… Simply turn the dial a few turns in the opposite direction on level or uneven ground and your swaybar will fully reconnect by itself for highway use."

watch the video

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...ss+release+evo
LOL!! couldn't have said it better myself.

seriously, if you can get your hands on an old or even broken rubi e-disco, this is the way to go. super easy to use, you don't need to be on level ground to disconnect or re-connect or have someone stand on your bumper to help level things out. all you have to do is screw in the knob and your disconnected and screw it out to re-connect. it's that simple and that quick.

like GCM2, i've used quick disconnects and now have the evo no limits on our white rubi.
Old 10-17-2011, 06:13 AM
JK Super Freak

I HATE my quick disconnects, getting them in and out is a pain in the ass.

Didn't even think of looking for a blown edisco... I have some friends at a dealership, I'll ask them to snag a blown one next time they get one.
Old 10-17-2011, 06:15 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by wayoflife
LOL!! couldn't have said it better myself.

seriously, if you can get your hands on an old or even broken rubi e-disco, this is the way to go. super easy to use, you don't need to be on level ground to disconnect or re-connect or have someone stand on your bumper to help level things out. all you have to do is screw in the knob and your disconnected and screw it out to re-connect. it's that simple and that quick.

like GCM2, i've used quick disconnects and now have the evo no limits on our white rubi.
Boss, I'm just trying educate and to dispell the false information or uban legends before they become known as an incorrect fact
Old 10-17-2011, 06:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

I'm a sahara driver, and went with the teraflex quick discos. That rubi manual e-disco seems nice. My only beef about the rubi disco is that it's possible for the link to hyper extend and come up backwards. I reckon if you like to go fast in the mud it doesn't matter, but if you're going to be throttling over rocks at full droop, I'd go with a clean disconnect.

Quick Reply: evo no limit or jks quick diso