Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

EVO MFG 4" DoubleD JK Bolt On Long Arm Kit

Old 12-19-2011, 09:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice! How is the ride with lift/tires installed?
Old 12-20-2011, 05:19 AM
JK Newbie

Tires are at 30psi as I do mainly highway driving and the ride is fantastic.

Much like the wife's Mojave which has the softer spring rates like the Sahara. Very smooth and soft on the highway.

I haven't had a chance to wheel it yet as I have to finish some exhaust work, but it rides great on some rural dirt roads around here.

Best,

BR
Old 12-20-2011, 07:18 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How hard was the install and how long did it take? Also what size tires are those? Awesome pics looks like a great set up thanks posting!
Old 12-20-2011, 08:28 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by ronin2120
How hard was the install and how long did it take? Also what size tires are those? Awesome pics looks like a great set up thanks posting!

The install took a few weeks but there were several different projects going on at the same time. I had EVO 44 Magnum Axle Tubes, C2 Gussets and LCA Skids installed as well as the lift.

UPS breaking the box open and having a few bags of bolt missing along with the instructions didn't make things any easier. EVO was very responsive sending additional instructions for us, but they were not very specific to that system and are about 6 pages long.... This needs addressed for a system that is sold retail... My guy worked directly with Andrew he stated EVO was "outstanding at helping him along the way with tech questions."

The most difficult part was removing the stock brackets and unless you have a torch system or a plasma cutter like we had, its almost an impossibility. He used a plasma cutter, cutoff wheels, grinders, air-chisel and allot of hard work to get everything prepped for install.

Since the "bolt-On" specific hardware was lost via UPS I agreed to have the system welded on which should increase the strength overall I would imagine. Once I witnessed the stock brackets getting cut off there is no going back so what the heck I thought.

The front axle track bar bracket did not have a needed hole drilled, but we took care of that in short order to get everything to work.. We also welded on the rear axle track bar bracket for added strength.

The exhaust on the 2011 needs to be cut and the drivers side cat turned 20*, but my pax cat also came into contact with the system so more adjustments to the y-pipe were needed. A new Coast 1310 drive shaft was also installed (Stock was a no-go).... With all the Y-pipe mods I'm just having a custom Y-pipe built with some small Magnaflo spuncats which will give me all the room I need at full drop and flex.

The brackets and arms are unreal with regard to strength and size, just beautiful kit.... We had to remove the gas tank to properly weld on the pax side bracket, but that didn't seem hard for them. They had to custom trim the gas tank mount bracket that is inserted through the pax side bracket.... A few ins and outs with the tank and it was an easy fix.

I went with King EVO Spec 2.0 shocks and they just rock...

I did Nitto Trail in 35x12.5x17 and he has them running at 30PSI as I do almost all highway driving (Daily Driver) on Pro-Comp 7005 17" wheels.

We did three test drives and ended up with 4.2* caster, 1/16" toe-in and the ride is silky smooth with ZERO vibrations.... Handles as good aor better than it did stock. She Only has 4,000 miles

I didn't realize it but the track bars and the upper front axle bushings need torqued on the ground and since the axles were out they even loosened and re-torqued them after the second test drive as he said the axle will re-center itself and they didn't want any bind.... We then did a 50 mile test drive and he re-torqued everything again for good measure.

Initially I was worried with the amount of work and "No going back to stock" with this system, but now that its complete I would do it over in a heart beat... Its AWESOME....

Just waiting on all the PSC Brawler bumpers and rockers to get powder-coated and it will be ready....

Good luck!!!!

BR~

Last edited by BOLTRipper; 12-20-2011 at 08:31 AM.
Old 12-20-2011, 09:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

Good post...thanks for sharing
Old 12-20-2011, 10:59 AM
JK Newbie

That does look real good,
Nice work
Old 12-20-2011, 07:31 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the detailed post, I've been looking at this kit for a about 8 months now and I am really leaning towards getting it. I am almost ready to pull the trigger on this. Thanks again!

Quick Reply: EVO MFG 4" DoubleD JK Bolt On Long Arm Kit