Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

EVO MFG 4" DoubleD JK Bolt On Long Arm Kit

Old 06-12-2011, 02:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EVO MFG 4" DoubleD JK Bolt On Long Arm Kit

Anyone have any experience with this kit? Was it a DIY install??

It would be great to see a few picks of it installed or in action...

The EVO stuff looks awsome...but would like to hear more about it.

thanks...
Old 06-12-2011, 11:04 AM
JK Enthusiast

anyone??

Or is this kit too new?
Old 06-12-2011, 08:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have this kit and absolutely love it. I had it installed by ORE back in April. From what I recall there's a bit of work involved in installing but someone with moderate skills should be able to install. Stock control arm mounts have to be cut off but I don't recall any welding. Here are some of the things I like about it:

1. Kit comes with fully adjustable control arms. Control arms are adjustable without having to remove from jeep. This is a big plus for things like dialing in suspension after replacing driveshafts or simply adjusting caster.

2. The handling of the jeep is superb on the freeway thanks to the drag flip bracket that brings the geometry along with longer arms close to stock handling. Bilstein shocks give a very smooth ride. I cannot give an offroad review of this kit yet as I haven't had a chance to go wheeling. Been too busy with work .

3. Craftsmanship. The quality of the suspension components is excellent. Control arms are very stout as well as all the bracketry. Kit seems designed to last.

4. Ability to upgrade from here to a higher lift will be easy. I feel like the four inch coils that I have are a minimum height for a long arm. It would be easy enough to move up an inch or so in the future while still maintaining great performance.

I'll try and post some photos tomorrow when I have more time. If you have any specific questions about the lift feel free to pm me.
Old 06-12-2011, 08:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by nmwranglerx
I have this kit and absolutely love it. I had it installed by ORE back in April. From what I recall there's a bit of work involved in installing but someone with moderate skills should be able to install. Stock control arm mounts have to be cut off but I don't recall any welding. Here are some of the things I like about it:

1. Kit comes with fully adjustable control arms. Control arms are adjustable without having to remove from jeep. This is a big plus for things like dialing in suspension after replacing driveshafts or simply adjusting caster.

2. The handling of the jeep is superb on the freeway thanks to the drag flip bracket that brings the geometry along with longer arms close to stock handling. Bilstein shocks give a very smooth ride. I cannot give an offroad review of this kit yet as I haven't had a chance to go wheeling. Been too busy with work .

3. Craftsmanship. The quality of the suspension components is excellent. Control arms are very stout as well as all the bracketry. Kit seems designed to last.

4. Ability to upgrade from here to a higher lift will be easy. I feel like the four inch coils that I have are a minimum height for a long arm. It would be easy enough to move up an inch or so in the future while still maintaining great performance.

I'll try and post some photos tomorrow when I have more time. If you have any specific questions about the lift feel free to pm me.

And you won it! That is so cool. I was there at Shamrocked when they pulled your name out of a hat.
Old 06-13-2011, 04:51 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by nmwranglerx

Thanks for the info! I am interested in this kit and the 3" or 4" bolt on longarm from Full Traction. I would like to install the kit with my brother in law. I think we could make it happen. I am not worried about cutting...just dont want to weld.
I would like to stay as low as possible and still clear 37's
Add pics when you get a chance.

Cheers!
Old 06-13-2011, 06:56 AM
Former Member

Originally Posted by Foxc
Thanks for the info! I am interested in this kit and the 3" or 4" bolt on longarm from Full Traction. I would like to install the kit with my brother in law. I think we could make it happen. I am not worried about cutting...just dont want to weld.
I would like to stay as low as possible and still clear 37's
Add pics when you get a chance.

Cheers!
No welding is required. Unless you have a 2010-2011. The exhaust cat requires being cut off, rotated and rewelded. I would suggest the 3" long arm
Old 06-13-2011, 07:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Full-Traction Suspension
No welding is required. Unless you have a 2010-2011. The exhaust cat requires being cut off, rotated and rewelded. I would suggest the 3" long arm
Thanks for the infos! I guess thats the FT 3" bolt-on LA on your 2dr...

Is there anything else required for a 4dr...besides a fr ds?
Old 06-13-2011, 07:47 AM
Former Member

Thanks for the infos! I guess thats the FT 3" bolt-on LA on your 2dr...

Is there anything else required for a 4dr...besides a fr ds?
Our kits do not include shocks. We offer Bilstein 5100's
Old 06-13-2011, 09:42 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer
EVO MFG Representative

Anyone have any experience with this kit? Was it a DIY install??

It would be great to see a few picks of it installed or in action...

The EVO stuff looks awsome...but would like to hear more about it.

thanks...
Let me know if there is anything I can help you with.
Old 06-13-2011, 10:07 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Andrew@EVOMFG
Let me know if there is anything I can help you with.
Any pics of the kit installed?

Thanks!!

Quick Reply: EVO MFG 4" DoubleD JK Bolt On Long Arm Kit