Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Evo lifts??

Old 09-12-2015, 07:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Maertz
I ran in a jk with the evo coils a lot. I was actually shocked how un plush they were. Didnt seem to be anything special. Best thing is to try and get a shock that works best with the coils. Wayalife will make it sound like your rig is superman flying around the streets as elegantly as a sparkle covered unicorn with these coils..the only decent thing i saw about them was there were among the top of extended lengths when compared to other coils in the same range.
I run an enforcer pro (coilover). You wont believe it. My jeep grew a single horn right out of the hood. Now when I drive down the road, there is a short rainbow that comes off the jeep and gold coins fall to the ground.

It is a very nice lift and I like it a lot.
Old 09-12-2015, 07:59 AM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Albino Lizard

I run an enforcer pro (coilover). You wont believe it. My jeep grew a single horn right out of the hood. Now when I drive down the road, there is a short rainbow that comes off the jeep and gold coins fall to the ground.

It is a very nice lift and I like it a lot.
Ha well played! Hey man as long as you enjoy it that's all that matters. Many people will like alot of different options if they were to try them. On a dd or moderate trail rig theres a ton id be happy to wheel in reality.
Old 09-12-2015, 08:08 PM
JK Newbie

I run the 4" plush ride coils with rancho 9000 adjustables. The ride is very nice. My ford dealer owns a small 4x4 outfitter shop and they send us a lot of jeeps to line up so I get a chance to drive lots of different jk configurations. My Evo/rancho setup is much much softer than anything else I've driven besides really high dollar coilover setups. Handling is very tight and controlled. No sag after a year supporting a JKUR with a heavy warn 8274 on the front. Haters wanna hate but everyone whose ridden in my jeep is impressed.
Old 09-13-2015, 05:36 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by drexelsteve
I run the 4" plush ride coils with rancho 9000 adjustables. The ride is very nice. My ford dealer owns a small 4x4 outfitter shop and they send us a lot of jeeps to line up so I get a chance to drive lots of different jk configurations. My Evo/rancho setup is much much softer than anything else I've driven besides really high dollar coilover setups. Handling is very tight and controlled. No sag after a year supporting a JKUR with a heavy warn 8274 on the front. Haters wanna hate but everyone whose ridden in my jeep is impressed.
what size tires do you run with that lift
Old 09-13-2015, 06:02 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Rebel Ruby-Jk
Anyone running Evo enforcer lift or Evo plush ride coils, would love to hear opinions on them. Share pics as well
I have the Evo 4" plush rides and they are middle of the road softness I'd say.

Now I haven't messed around with different shock set ups etc. to verify the full potential or shortcomings of the coils so it's hard to say really.

I will say that the MC 3.5" coils "felt" like they absorbed bumps better with the same shocks I have now.

I do have about 3/4" more height with the Evo 's and in the year I've had them so far they haven't sagged a bit so they hold up well.

Sent from my SM-N920T using JK-Forum
Old 09-13-2015, 07:53 AM
JK Junkie

Ive run both the RK triple rates and EVO coils back to back. RK to EVO back to RK. I just did not think EVO coils are as plush as expected.
Of coarse ride is 100% subjective, others may have a different opinion.
Old 09-13-2015, 12:25 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I found that AEV are the best coils for me after using bds and evo I still like my AEV much better and the don't sag over time! Running a RK long arm with fox 2.0 shock
Old 09-13-2015, 12:54 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Lomax-dtl
I found that AEV are the best coils for me after using bds and evo I still like my AEV much better and the don't sag over time! Running a RK long arm with fox 2.0 shock
These will be my next set of coils for sure

Sent from my SM-N920T using JK-Forum
Old 09-13-2015, 01:00 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Rebel Ruby-Jk
what size tires do you run with that lift

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2970264054.jpg
Views:	208
Size:	660.9 KB
ID:	624405

Stock Rubi bfg's. I commute about 80 miles a day and I'd like to keep the mileage up as much as possible. My goal was to keep the belly up as high as I could and still be able to fit in the garage. Of course having to shell out extra dough for cv shafts kinda sucked but overall I'm very happy with it.
Old 09-15-2015, 09:47 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Lomax-dtl
I'm currently running bds coils too I can tolerate the ride but it could be better I just want something a little bit softer but does awesome offroad

Quick Reply: Evo lifts??