Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

EVO Lever or ???????

Old 12-10-2009, 06:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EVO Lever or ???????

I am tryin to get the best flex out of my rear axle and suspension. I like the evo kit but wasnt tryin to spend my rent money on it. Does anyone have a system that works the same or a mod that will let me articulate farther. I could always just loose the swaybar links in the back
Old 12-10-2009, 07:02 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Doninator
I am tryin to get the best flex out of my rear axle and suspension. I like the evo kit but wasnt tryin to spend my rent money on it. Does anyone have a system that works the same or a mod that will let me articulate farther. I could always just loose the swaybar links in the back
sorry my friend, loosening your rear sway bar links won't do squat for you. ultimately, your flex is limited to shock travel and keeping your coils from falling out. the only way you can get more flex is to get coilovers. what the evo lever does is allow you to run coilovers in the rear without having to cut into your body or expose them to the rocks with some goofy mounting setup. it is expensive but it works and works better than any other solution available today.

Last edited by wayoflife; 12-10-2009 at 07:08 AM.
Old 12-10-2009, 07:12 AM
JK Enthusiast

Ya did a lot of research and seems the coil over is the way to go... Guess the landlord will get his rent a lil late this month thanks
Old 12-10-2009, 07:13 AM
JK Enthusiast

How is it on the street driving wise?
Old 12-10-2009, 07:25 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Ya did a lot of research and seems the coil over is the way to go... Guess the landlord will get his rent a lil late this month thanks
LOL!! trust me, it's worth every penny.

How is it on the street driving wise?
IMHO, way better than stock. i drive my JK with evo coilovers and 40" tires everywhere, at speeds over 80mph and with just one hand on the wheel. it's smooth, responsive and stable even at fast speeds on mountain roads. of course, we can also jam down desert roads at high speeds as well and in super comfort. best of all, unlike some coilover solutions available, you DO NOT have to have your esp/bas disabled.
Old 12-15-2009, 07:17 PM
Sponsoring Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great To hear she likes it
I would love to come out and wheel in Montana again
Mel
Old 12-15-2009, 07:31 PM
JK Freak

Default dont remove your sway bar

this is what happens when you remove the rear sway bar.
Old 12-15-2009, 08:44 PM
JK Newbie

You might want to look at Outlaw Offroad rear coilover setup. I know they offer two different setups. One is bolt on but looks like it would easily get caught up on rocks(havent heard of it happening) but gives you great flex. The second requires you to cut small holes behind the rear seat and mount the coilovers to a shock tower.. Yeah you give up some space but it gives you tons of flex.

Another idea I have been throwing around is taking Gen Rights outboard rear shock kit and somehow making it work with the JK. I dont think it would be too hard. Now you have to chop off some of the frame but i dont think its a big deal!

You cant go wrong with EVOs products! They build some great products and stand behind everything they produce. Great customer service too!
Old 12-15-2009, 10:05 PM
JK-Forum Founder

if you haven't seen it before, check out this video. the begining has some good clips of what your jeep can do on the rocks, at high speeds in the desert or, on pavement

Off Road Evolution JK Custom Valved King Shocks Video

of course, there are a ton more videos that will show you how awesome it is here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/wayalife

trust me, our JK is no trailer queen and we drive it everywhere
Old 12-15-2009, 10:25 PM
JK Freak

If your looking for a middle ground have you considered a 3 link setup for the rear? More flex and alot less $$. It aint coilover flex but might be a route worth considering depending on your app. What kind of setup are you running now?

Quick Reply: EVO Lever or ???????