Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

EVO Gusset Install Question

Old 03-24-2010, 11:09 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bxjk
I have in the past heard to disconnect battery terminals
can anyone who has installed these gussets please give some
sort of checklist.
Thanks
always disconnect battery when welding on your rig...take 20 secs and a whole lot of peace of mind not to fry anything....

I had mine welded in without removing the ball joints......used wet rags to cool between welds...no problems....and my ball joints have 85000kms on them.....still good.......I cant believe it....and was running 35's for most of that mileage.
Old 03-25-2010, 08:10 AM
JK Freak

or do what i did.... mind you i was adding rse sleeves as well... we just pulled the whole front axle... ps if your mounts are banged up.... your welds will have no chance of looking as nice as the ones previously posted hahaha
Old 03-25-2010, 03:26 PM
JK Super Freak

Well, it's done. Add me to the list of "you do not need to remove the ball joints".

Thanks for the responses. Glad i did not pay extra to remove them. Welds on the gussets are pretty good. The boxing in of the LCA mounts did not turn out too pretty.

Oh, and before they did the welding, they verified that my ball joints are still good. I've read enough about others going out prematurely. I just assumed that would happen to me considering my luck.

Quick Reply: EVO Gusset Install Question