Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

EVO Enforcer Install

Old 02-12-2012, 04:16 PM
MTG
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by wildandwillin
Very nice how did the flip kit go today?
Surprisingly easy. Drilling the knuckle wasn't nearly as bad as I expected. Use of a unibit was key. Going to get alignment tomorrow.
Old 02-12-2012, 04:23 PM
JK Jedi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MTG
Surprisingly easy. Drilling the knuckle wasn't nearly as bad as I expected. Use of a unibit was key. Going to get alignment tomorrow.
sweet glad it went well, hope to see it in person soon.
Old 02-12-2012, 04:30 PM
MTG
JK Freak

sweet glad it went well, hope to see it in person soon.
That would be great. Any runs planned for Tahoe this year?
Old 02-12-2012, 04:32 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by MTG

That would be great. Any runs planned for Tahoe this year?
Iam doing the rubicon in the late spring early summer. We can even plan some hell hole and other trails
Old 02-12-2012, 05:02 PM
JK Newbie

Ah man it looks sick, congrats. It rides like a dream huh?
Old 02-12-2012, 08:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

Why is your front drive shaft disconnected..?
Old 02-12-2012, 08:09 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by REDLINE217
99.9 % sure they just had it off for the lift install.
Old 02-12-2012, 08:44 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by REDLINE217
The front ds hits the exhaust crossover. We took it off because it made it a heck of a lot easier to drop the front axle down low enough to put the new springs in. MTG has a new aftermarket front shaft arriving later this week, and it remains to be seen if he is going to have to put exhaust spacers in his JKU (it is a 2012). I have a feeling he probably will, but we will see. For now, MTG drives a 2WD Jeep with one hell of a rockin' suspension.

As an aside:

I don't want this to turn into a Pentastar thread, but I can unequivocally say MTG's 2012 running 4:10's and 35's is still much faster than my 2009 running 4:10's and 33's. For the first time, I'm almost considering getting rid of my 2009 even though I've put a lot of sweat and a little bit of money into it. I still have pipe dreams of a Hemi though.....
Old 02-13-2012, 03:58 AM
MTG
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Sharkey

The front ds hits the exhaust crossover. We took it off because it made it a heck of a lot easier to drop the front axle down low enough to put the new springs in. MTG has a new aftermarket front shaft arriving later this week, and it remains to be seen if he is going to have to put exhaust spacers in his JKU (it is a 2012). I have a feeling he probably will, but we will see. For now, MTG drives a 2WD Jeep with one hell of a rockin' suspension.

As an aside:

I don't want this to turn into a Pentastar thread, but I can unequivocally say MTG's 2012 running 4:10's and 35's is still much faster than my 2009 running 4:10's and 33's. For the first time, I'm almost considering getting rid of my 2009 even though I've put a lot of sweat and a little bit of money into it. I still have pipe dreams of a Hemi though.....
What Sharkey said. Much easier to get the longer springs in. I'd prefer to avoid using the exhaust spacers but I rarely have that good of luck. DS was shipped to wrong address (thanks UPS), but should hopefully arrive by the weekend.

Re the 2012: he claims it's the power increase he likes, but I think it's really the heated leather seats that's pushing him over the edge.
Old 02-13-2012, 04:02 AM
MTG
JK Freak

99.9 % sure they just had it off for the lift install.
Right. We didn't try to reinstall the old one since the new one was on its way. I suppose I could see if it would fit/hit the crossover. But I have the EVO Protek skids and its a bit tight working in there.

Quick Reply: EVO Enforcer Install