Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

EVO Enforcer Install

Old 02-08-2012, 05:27 PM
MTG
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by capthk
Nice, can't wait to see the pics. I'm leaning towards a coast 1310 in the front myself and using the 2.0 shocks for the kit; however, I'm interested in how yours comes out with the 2.5s. I don't know if I can justify spending the extra money for them though.
I went to order the coast shaft but they were out of stock. Got the JE Reel for the same price. Both are 1310 with Spicer u joints (at least as Northridge spec'd them). Look at the Bilstein 5100 as another shock option to save some $. I thought about those as well.

Last edited by MTG; 02-08-2012 at 05:46 PM.
Old 02-08-2012, 06:09 PM
JK Jedi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by capthk
Nice, can't wait to see the pics. I'm leaning towards a coast 1310 in the front myself and using the 2.0 shocks for the kit; however, I'm interested in how yours comes out with the 2.5s. I don't know if I can justify spending the extra money for them though.
If you drive fast at all over rough terrain, justification for piggybacks is easy. Similarly, if you push your suspension to its limits for a sustained period of time, the piggybacks are priceless. Honestly, MTG is doing it the right way: do it once and do it right. He doesn't need coilovers because he doesn't wheel enough (male stripping at the retirement homes takes a lot of time), he needs something that will handle well on the street to get him to his next trick and also kick some ass on his days off on anything from the wide open Nevada desert to the Rubicon.

Last edited by Sharkey; 02-08-2012 at 07:06 PM.
Old 02-08-2012, 07:44 PM
MTG
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Sharkey
(male stripping at the retirement homes takes a lot of time), he needs something that will handle well on the street to get him to his next trick
What can I say? Have to pay for those piggybacks somehow. Besides, I had to stop going to the law firms...you and I both know lawyers just try to f*ck ya.

(Did you catch that double entendre?)

Soooooo, back to red or blue loctite...I'll pick up some red.

I'm going to throw this question up to the forum as well (over 300 views so far)....anyone recommend a welder in the Reno area?
Old 02-08-2012, 07:52 PM
JK Jedi Master

Have you considered these, instead of loc tite?

http://www.offroadevolution.com/stor...O-LINXLOK-PAIR
Old 02-08-2012, 07:54 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by MTG

What can I say? Have to pay for those piggybacks somehow. Besides, I had to stop going to the law firms...you and I both know lawyers just try to f*ck ya.

(Did you catch that double entendre?)

Soooooo, back to red or blue loctite...I'll pick up some red.

I'm going to throw this question up to the forum as well (over 300 views so far)....anyone recommend a welder in the Reno area?
I just got your PM shit if I would of noticed this thread earlier I would of said more. Get the red loctite. Don't be stingy when applying it.

If you have any hang ups or issues call me I have a signal here at KOH
Old 02-08-2012, 07:54 PM
MTG
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Robar
Have you considered these, instead of loc tite?

http://www.offroadevolution.com/stor...O-LINXLOK-PAIR
The EVO control arms have their own version of those...just slightly different. I am more concerned about the Draglink Flip Kit that I purchased.
Old 02-08-2012, 07:57 PM
MTG
JK Freak

Originally Posted by wildandwillin
I just got your PM shit if I would of noticed this thread earlier I would of said more. Get the red loctite. Don't be stingy when applying it.

If you have any hang ups or issues call me I have a signal here at KOH
Thanks Roger! If we get stuck we may just call to rack your brain. Hopefully, it will be smooth sailing. I must have read the instructions at least a half dozen times.

Totally wish I was down at KOH! Looks like a blast!
Old 02-08-2012, 07:59 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by MTG

Thanks Roger! If we get stuck we may just call to rack your brain. Hopefully, it will be smooth sailing. I must have read the instructions at least a half dozen times.

Totally wish I was down at KOH! Looks like a blast!
No problem get ur ride up and get down for next year. You and sharky have a place to crash before the race I got u covered
Old 02-08-2012, 08:01 PM
MTG
JK Freak

Originally Posted by wildandwillin
No problem get ur ride up and get down for next year. You and sharky have a place to crash before the race I got u covered

I'm not waiting until next year to come visit you!
Old 02-08-2012, 08:05 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by MTG

I'm not waiting until next year to come visit you!
I would hope not.

Quick Reply: EVO Enforcer Install