Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

EVO Enforcer Install

Old 02-07-2012, 09:28 AM
JK Jedi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EVO Enforcer Install

So MTG and I will be installing the EVO Enforcer lift on his 2012 Rubi JKU this weekend. I haven't been able to find too many posts about the install of this kit and was curious if anyone out there has done the install. Any traps or tricks we should be aware of?

A bit of a noobie question too, what are your thoughts on using blue versus red loctite (or I guess no loctite at all) on suspension components?

Thanks in advance! If all goes well, hopefully MTG will have some bad ass pics to post up of his Jeep next week.

Last edited by Sharkey; 02-07-2012 at 02:06 PM.
Old 02-07-2012, 05:08 PM
JK Jedi

Bump for the after work crowd. Has anyone else installed this lift?
Old 02-07-2012, 05:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Sharkey
Bump for the after work crowd. Has anyone else installed this lift?
Never have installed an Evo kit but I help buddies with jeeps/yotas. Typically we use Red loctite on all jam nuts located on trac bars and control arms and where driveshafts connect to the yoke. The main difference is the strength Red is a lot harder to loosen.
Old 02-07-2012, 06:03 PM
JK Jedi

Thanks, that's what I was thinking as well. Just didn't know if there was anything on which we should use the blue since its easier to get off (from a service and maintenance perspective).
Old 02-07-2012, 06:44 PM
MTG
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jksteve89

Never have installed an Evo kit but I help buddies with jeeps/yotas. Typically we use Red loctite on all jam nuts located on trac bars and control arms and where driveshafts connect to the yoke. The main difference is the strength Red is a lot harder to loosen.
Thanks for replying jksteve!

Found an old thread recommending red loctite on the tracbars as well.
Old 02-08-2012, 01:08 PM
JK Newbie

Are you guys planning on doing the front driveshaft as well? Can't wait to see how it comes out because I'm looking do the same lift on my new rubicon.
Old 02-08-2012, 02:59 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by capthk
Are you guys planning on doing the front driveshaft as well? Can't wait to see how it comes out because I'm looking do the same lift on my new rubicon.
Yep, we are also doing the front shaft. MTG also ordered the King reservoir shocks...the rears he bought have selectable damping with a little dial on the reservoir. I'm very excited for this install...and even more excited to drive it afterwards (assuming I can get MTG's fingers off the wheel). The EVO LCA's are beefy as are the new rear disconnect links. All in all, it looks to be one hell of a kit.
Old 02-08-2012, 03:03 PM
JK Newbie

Ya i agree the thing looks sick. Do you have to fill the shocks with nitrogen for the 2.5's?
Old 02-08-2012, 05:06 PM
MTG
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry for the delayed response. Sharkey answered most of it.

I ordered a JE Reel front drive shaft. I also ordered a Teraflex exhaust spacer, I'm hoping that the DS is all that is needed. I'd rather not alter the exhaust (still waiting for someone to post the results of a pre- and post- spacer dyno test). Plus I have the EVO Protek skids and according to another thread some people are having rubbing issues after installing the spacer.

The shocks come charged. Not sure what is in them. I did order the adjustable rear shocks as Sharkey mentioned. It added a little to the cost but I figure it would be a nice feature for when I load up the back or tow my boat.

I plan to take a lot of pictures during the install...not only to post up here but so I can remember what went where.

Of course I'm going to let Sharkey take it for a ride. But his profile says he is an attorney so I might make him sign a waiver or something.

I wish I was starting the install tomorrow.
Old 02-08-2012, 05:17 PM
JK Newbie

Nice, can't wait to see the pics. I'm leaning towards a coast 1310 in the front myself and using the 2.0 shocks for the kit; however, I'm interested in how yours comes out with the 2.5s. I don't know if I can justify spending the extra money for them though.

Quick Reply: EVO Enforcer Install