Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

EVO Draglink Flip: How do I center steering Wheel?

Old 03-14-2012, 05:21 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default EVO Draglink Flip: How do I center steering Wheel?

Got the EVO draglink flip and the install went fine. However. I can't seen to center my steering wheel. I've done it before with a smaller 2.5" lift so I think I know how to do it, I have a procal too. The buckle is all the way to the left (Driver side) and my steering wheel is still off, which is messing with the ESP. If i turn the buckle to the Right the draglink falls off. I don't understand how to fix this. Do I need to remove the draglink and screw it in tighter before using the buckle?

Is it possible the wheel is a full turn off?

Old 03-14-2012, 05:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Go on project jk.com toto steering suspension http://project-jk.com/jeep-jk-write-...-end-alignment this should help
Old 03-14-2012, 05:39 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by jkrub2008
Go on project jk.com toto steering suspension http://project-jk.com/jeep-jk-write-...-end-alignment this should help
Did that, I'm out of adjustment room....
Old 03-14-2012, 06:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Try to unhook your drag link and count the turns on your steering wheel and get it centered with it unhooked and then adjust your drag link to that distance. Mine is the rock krawler and there is 3 places for adjustment. 2 on each of the tie rod ends and one on that peace you could see in you picture. I hope this helps. You should be able to screw you ends out with more threads showing.
Old 03-14-2012, 06:45 PM
JK Freak

I think your turning it the wrong way.
Old 03-14-2012, 08:14 PM
JK Super Freak

Looks to me like you have all threads showing on one side, and no threads showing on the other side, which is wrong. I would disconnect the drag like from the knuckle, center your steering wheel and hold it there somehow, thread BOTH sides of the drag link into the turn buckle all the way, then while holding the rod end you have removed from the knuckle stationary(so it does not turn with the turnbuckle) adjust the turnbuckle to where the rod end is close to sliding through the hole in the knuckle. Once it is reattached to the knuckle, fine tune the drag link with the turnbuckle till your wheel is center.

It just looks like you rotated the turnbuckle and the outer end of the drag link at the same time when you installed it, which left all the threads on the outer end of the drag link still unused inside the turn buckle.
Old 03-15-2012, 05:17 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by highoctane
Looks to me like you have all threads showing on one side, and no threads showing on the other side, which is wrong. I would disconnect the drag like from the knuckle, center your steering wheel and hold it there somehow, thread BOTH sides of the drag link into the turn buckle all the way, then while holding the rod end you have removed from the knuckle stationary(so it does not turn with the turnbuckle) adjust the turnbuckle to where the rod end is close to sliding through the hole in the knuckle. Once it is reattached to the knuckle, fine tune the drag link with the turnbuckle till your wheel is center.

It just looks like you rotated the turnbuckle and the outer end of the drag link at the same time when you installed it, which left all the threads on the outer end of the drag link still unused inside the turn buckle.
Sounds like what I'll have to do. I was hoping to not have to break it loose again but I will. I'll post up results once I get a little time to fix it.
Old 03-27-2012, 02:09 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Deere_Jeep

Sounds like what I'll have to do. I was hoping to not have to break it loose again but I will. I'll post up results once I get a little time to fix it.
Well I fixed It and got the wheel 99 percent centered. I did not, could not get the draglink back off so I centered as best I could with the buckle. ESP is off and it drives like a dream.

Quick Reply: EVO Draglink Flip: How do I center steering Wheel?