Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

EVO draglink flip

Old 10-22-2012, 08:50 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MTG
I remember when you installed this and you having an issue with the sway bar links.

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modi...k-flip-230891/

Looks like the whole underside of the jeep has a lot more rust than it did in May.

Reminds me to go under the jeep before the weather turns nasty and hit the parts that are chipped with some paint!
Thanks for the link, WOW is all I can say about the rust before and after Glad I moved to socal
Old 10-22-2012, 08:59 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, it needs a good coat of por15 before the winter thats for sure! the rust itself isnt what caught my eye, like I said it was more the areas that flaked; it pretty obviously is seeing some movement of the bolt, not at the trackbar but attaching to the bracket. it terms of specs, its goodyear mtr/ks, 37s on 17s. for the draglink, I crawled under to take a look and could see the TRE at both the knuckle and pitman arm making a popping movement as the wheel is turned. everything else looked solid; in terms of components everything on it is relatively new, new TREs on my tie rod (less than 5k), the trackbar has less then 10k on it, the axle itself is brand new at around 4k miles. i just regreased everything and torqued everything down. the only other components that I think it could be would be the control arms, as I bought them used and theyve seen alot of miles, and I can see the bushing are beginning to become compromised.

also, lol looking at those two pictures, just look at the difference of rust on the trackbar adjuster sleeve. east coast sucks! its been 5 months!

Last edited by sneck; 10-22-2012 at 09:02 AM.
Old 10-22-2012, 12:16 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Originally Posted by sneck
Yeah, it needs a good coat of por15 before the winter thats for sure! the rust itself isnt what caught my eye, like I said it was more the areas that flaked; it pretty obviously is seeing some movement of the bolt, not at the trackbar but attaching to the bracket. it terms of specs, its goodyear mtr/ks, 37s on 17s. for the draglink, I crawled under to take a look and could see the TRE at both the knuckle and pitman arm making a popping movement as the wheel is turned. everything else looked solid; in terms of components everything on it is relatively new, new TREs on my tie rod (less than 5k), the trackbar has less then 10k on it, the axle itself is brand new at around 4k miles. i just regreased everything and torqued everything down. the only other components that I think it could be would be the control arms, as I bought them used and theyve seen alot of miles, and I can see the bushing are beginning to become compromised.

also, lol looking at those two pictures, just look at the difference of rust on the trackbar adjuster sleeve. east coast sucks! its been 5 months!
The bracket is attached at three differenct points, if one is moving they are all are moving.

I would rotate and check the balance on the tires first.

Second I would remove the trackbar and inspect it, inspect the trackbar holes are well. See if its wallowed out. This can be replaced with a 9/16" bolt on both ends. You other option is to weld the bracket in place, this by far is the best option and strongest option.
Old 10-22-2012, 02:00 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would also pull one of the front lower control arms from the frame to check for wallowed bolt holes.
Old 10-23-2012, 04:59 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ill try to pull everything apart this weekend, but i already have the 9/16" hardware everywhere. im confused though, should people who buy this bracket expect all the powdercoat to peel like that just from installing? why would the bracket be fatigued around the bottom bolt if its not moving? and should I really expect the trackbar bolt hole to already be ovaled out with the bracket being so new, or did you mean at the frame? the jeep itself is only a year old, 15k miles (for reference)
Old 10-24-2012, 08:16 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Originally Posted by sneck
ill try to pull everything apart this weekend, but i already have the 9/16" hardware everywhere. im confused though, should people who buy this bracket expect all the powdercoat to peel like that just from installing? why would the bracket be fatigued around the bottom bolt if its not moving? and should I really expect the trackbar bolt hole to already be ovaled out with the bracket being so new, or did you mean at the frame? the jeep itself is only a year old, 15k miles (for reference)
If you live in the salt states expect all your parts to start rusting(look at the rest of the parts). The problem is once the powder coat has a chip in it, its only a matter of time before the elements take over.

Nothing should be wallowed out, You need to start checking everything in order to narrow it down.

Quick Reply: EVO draglink flip