Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

EVO Drag Link Flip -- Possible Problem (Video)

Old 10-16-2011, 05:13 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EVO Drag Link Flip -- Possible Problem (Video)

NOTE: the guy in this video has the Currie Tie Rod and the Offroad Evolution Drag Link Flip Kit. The two are interfering with one another. I was actually considering upgrading my tie rod to the Currie, and was looking into the EVO flip kit. Ironic, huh!?

QUESTION:

1) Is there a way to keep the two components from conflicting, like as shown in the video?

2) Anyone having problems with the EVO flip kit interfering with their stock tie rod and/or other components, whether they be stock or aftermarket?

3) For those of you with the EVO flip kit, how do you like it?

Thanks!

Here's the video link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9eLQBqOjtY
Old 10-16-2011, 07:07 PM
JK Newbie

Loosen the adjuster and rotate it out of the way.
Old 10-16-2011, 07:17 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No problems with my Evo flip kit. Love it so far.
Old 10-17-2011, 04:04 PM
JK Super Freak

Just watched your vid. Looks like your components don't work well together. I have the JKS track bar and Rock Krawler tie rod and they work perfectly together - nothing rubs. With the TF Monster TB, why didn't you go with their flip kit? Like said above, can you rotate the Currie TB so the bolts face up? Then sell the TF TB and get a JKS.

Regarding your SS, you can relocate by using the hole on the Evo bracket and then rotate the bracket on the TR to the top. See pic of my setup. This also puts the SS out of harms way.

Edit: just realized this isn't you in the vid.

Last edited by renpia; 10-17-2011 at 04:16 PM.
Old 10-17-2011, 05:51 PM
JK Super Freak

I probably will pull the trigger on the EVO flip kit or on a competitor who I'm not allowed to mention on the forum. To clarify a few quick things... this isn't my setup. Just a random video I found online. I won't be pulling the trigger on the Currie tie rod. Stock is plenty fine until it craps out. The Currie drag link I very well may invest in as that can be flipped, the tubing and ball joints are stout as can be, and therefore is a great component to a drag link flip kit. (My stock drag link, because of the angle it sits at after my lift, has crapped out on me -- second drag link to date). Me personally, I love my Teraflex trackbar. That thing is a heavy beast. My second generation JKS was bowing. My Teraflex doesn't budge

Thank you all for the insight and help. The flip kit is probably a definite. The Currie tie rod is a no-go!
Old 10-17-2011, 05:54 PM
JK Super Freak

Renpia -- I like your setup. How much lift does your JK have? Have you noticed a significant improvement in steering and handling due to your flip kit?
Old 10-17-2011, 06:26 PM
JK Super Freak

I have EVO flip with Tera tb. Jks one I had flexed and was part of my dw. Tera tb fixed it. Maybe it was an older jks .
Old 10-18-2011, 04:11 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by RN M OVR
Renpia -- I like your setup. How much lift does your JK have? Have you noticed a significant improvement in steering and handling due to your flip kit?
Hard to tell what actual amount of lift I have but I have 4" coil lift with 1" front and 2" rear spacers to compensate all the hardware weight. My handling is a huge improvement with my current setup. I used to get bump steer and shimmy and my steering never stayed center after wheeling with the stock TR and drag link. Thanks to the RK TR, I have not had to adjust them since. Don't have a problem with my JKS TB either. Rides great so far.
Old 10-19-2011, 03:56 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I hate to laugh but it's funny how many issues that guy has.... that's what you get when you mix many different aftermarket brands I guess.
Old 10-19-2011, 04:02 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer
EVO MFG Representative

A simple rotate and slide of the collar would fix this.

Steering stabilizer needs to be rotated down on the tierod mount just slightly or relocated up to where the poster above has posted a image.

EVO...

Quick Reply: EVO Drag Link Flip -- Possible Problem (Video)