Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Evo coil over or long arm

Old 10-01-2008, 08:11 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Seriously...lets get back to the debate: Evo Coil over or long arms?
Old 10-01-2008, 08:56 PM
Sponsoring Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jayrav
Seriously...lets get back to the debate: Evo Coil over or long arms?

The EVO FRONT Coil Over System and The EVO-Lever REAR Coil Over System will work great with a short arm suspension and with a long arm suspension as well. It has the capability of keeping a very low C.O.G or can be adjusted to accomodate a huge tire.

If the Queston is do you need a long arm kit?

We have tested 35-37s on short arms kits with our EVO systems and they handle GREAT on and off road while giving huge wheel travel and all the benifits of coil over shocks.

IF you are planing to run 37-42s I would recommend A quality long arm along with our 14 inch travel EVO Coil Over Front and our EVO-lever REAR coilover system. This will allow unreal articulation along with all the benifits listed above and can be set a little taller to accomodate HUGE tires.

37s work great with the SHORT arms and LONG arms
With short arms you do not lose any ground clearance as you do with a long arm
BUT if you want to go to a larger tire in the future you would need to go long arm.

Last edited by Evolution; 10-01-2008 at 09:08 PM.
Old 10-01-2008, 09:42 PM
Sponsoring Vendor

Default Short arm and EVO systems

Here is a
Short arm kit with
Front EVO coilover with 12 inch King shocks
Rear EVO-Lever SYSTEM with king shocks
on 37s

And here is a
LONG arm kit with
Front EVO coil over with 14 inch shocks
Rear EVO-Lever SYSTEM
on 40s

Here thay are side by side

Old 10-02-2008, 05:35 AM
JK Super Freak

I want to thank 4lo and Evolution for their incredible pics

All that flex is great, but where I live(Puerto Rico) there are 1 or two places where I can play on rocks. And the rocks there are nothing like the stuff you guy wheel in. Here we play in the mud mixed in with some little rocks. My point is that I don't think that I need that much flex(it would be cool anyways), but I do want to do is lower my COG and improve the on road handling of my JK as much as possible and to my understanding both the coil covers and the long arms help in that area as well.

I guess when I'm ready with in the next few months I'll go ahead and install the front Evo coil covers first, then later the rear Evo lever system. I'm sure that I will be happy with the results.

Almost forgot to mention, I'll probably go no higher than 4.5 to 5" in lift. Any higher might make my wife lose her mind.

Any other suggestions are welcome.

Thanks

Last edited by jayrav; 10-02-2008 at 05:42 AM.
Old 10-02-2008, 08:10 AM
JK Junkie

I would go with the Evo system with Tera Flex long arms
Old 10-02-2008, 10:12 AM
JK Forum Regional Rep

I'd like to see that side by side pic with a stock (or close to it) jeep on the far left. It would be kind of like looking at the picture of evolution from ape to human.

ww w.latrobe.edu.au/podiatry/Images/1%20Biomech%20pics/EVOLUTIONpics/evolution.GIF

Quick Reply: Evo coil over or long arm