Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Evo coil over or long arm

Old 10-01-2008, 06:51 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Piginajeep

I did'nt mean to offend you, You never know!!

I say both on the two door!
No stress You are still my favorite moderator
Old 10-01-2008, 06:59 PM
JK Super Freak

I did'nt mean to offend you, You never know!!

I say both on the two door!
both!.....
Originally Posted by Ctimrun
I say both, but either way you can add either one after the other!
You guys have no respect for money

Now does anyone know of a long arm kit that doesn't use heim joints. Like the superlift control arms? I like Teraflex, but they use heim joints if I'm not mistaken. I prefer the urethane/rubber bushing joints which most suspension experts agree tend to transmit less vibs from the road to the cabin. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
Old 10-01-2008, 07:07 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by jayrav
You guys have no respect for money

Now does anyone know of a long arm kit that doesn't use heim joints. Like the superlift control arms? I like Teraflex, but they use heim joints if I'm not mistaken. I prefer the urethane/rubber bushing joints which most suspension experts agree tend to transmit less vibs from the road to the cabin. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
You are concerned about vibrations on a lifted Jeep probably by taking what other people have said as truth. I bet if you drove two lifted Jeeps with the same springs shocks and tires, only different control arms, like a stock set and a set of Curries arms that have johnny joints at both ends you could not tell which Jeep had which arms on it.

I have ridden in and driven many different Jeeps, both stock and many types of lifts, and I have never noticed my Currie arms to make the ride any harsher than the others.
Old 10-01-2008, 07:18 PM
JK Super Freak

You are concerned about vibrations on a lifted Jeep probably by taking what other people have said as truth. I bet if you drove two lifted Jeeps with the same springs shocks and tires, only different control arms, like a stock set and a set of Curries arms that have johnny joints at both ends you could not tell which Jeep had which arms on it.

I have ridden in and driven many different Jeeps, both stock and many types of lifts, and I have never noticed my Currie arms to make the ride any harsher than the others.
I must admit that you are right, but I'm a perfectionist, so I tend to look into every detail and sometimes the sum of the little details is greater than the whole.

Also there is always a reason behind every design an engineer comes up with.

Just my 2 cents
Old 10-01-2008, 07:23 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by jayrav
I must admit that you are right, but I'm a perfectionist, so I tend to look into every detail and sometimes the sum of the little details is greater than the whole.

Also there is always a reason behind every design an engineer comes up with.

Just my 2 cents
I agree with that totally! I am also a perfectionist that is why I have spent so much damn money trying to get my Jeeps the way I like them to be. I over research and spend way too much on this stuff, but it helps to keep me sane.

I should have added that I believe that the difference would be very noticeable if our Jeeps were unibody designed without bushings between the frame and body. Just something to think about.

EDIT: Your right I have no respect for money, or so my wife tells me!
Old 10-01-2008, 07:31 PM
JK Super Freak

I agree with that totally! I am also a perfectionist that is why I have spent so much damn money trying to get my Jeeps the way I like them to be. I over research and spend way too much on this stuff, but it helps to keep me sane.

I should have added that I believe that the difference would be very noticeable if our Jeeps were unibody designed without bushings between the frame and body. Just something to think about.

EDIT: Your right I have no respect for money, or so my wife tells me!
So you like the Currie arms? Well then if there is no noticeble difference I should add to my wish list the Evo coil overs with the Teraflex LA. But what about the Rubicon Express LA I have plenty of time to research, so any suggestions are welcome.
Old 10-01-2008, 07:52 PM
JK Freak

You could always run the EVO coilovers with the RE long arm, or TF, or FT. Pretty much anything would work as long as you have a lift on there to begin with.
Old 10-01-2008, 07:59 PM
JK Super Freak

I have a twin
Old 10-01-2008, 08:02 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by 4LO
Your Jeep is really ugly and has stupid wheels!

My Jeep is Bittchin'!
Oh I have a bitchin twin I want to see more pics of your bitchin Rubicon.
those RR fender are looking mean
Old 10-01-2008, 08:05 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by 4LO
Your slightly bigger twin is getting the RockKrawler coilover kit. Look for the story on Offroad.com in November!
I have a soon to be famous slightly bigger bitchin twin

Quick Reply: Evo coil over or long arm