Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Evo C-Gusset Enough Weld??

Old 03-29-2014, 06:27 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by T&ERun
Not trying to bust your balls, but I say no way on this. If they are, they will not be in business long if they are this cheap on everything they do. People don't realize how long it takes to "weld something up". There is usually more time in prep work than the actual welding.
X2 I don't see a shop doing it for that price either. Maybe a backyard welder who has no idea what's he's doing. Remember you get what you pay for (within reason of course)
Old 03-29-2014, 06:40 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Sahara Lee
I only cost me $174.99 (with coupon) to weld on my C-gussets AND I got a MIG welder out of the deal.

170 Amp MIG/Flux Wire Welder - 220 volts @ 110 amps

Of course I had to teach myself to weld, but that was the fun part.
Let's see your handy work.
Old 04-08-2014, 05:35 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SpicedCrusher
X2 I don't see a shop doing it for that price either. Maybe a backyard welder who has no idea what's he's doing. Remember you get what you pay for (within reason of course)
Some shops charge a hourly rate $75-80 ish. If you aren't welding to the cast iron pumpkin you can get it done in about 2 hours if you have the right tools. If you are welding to the pumpkin there is per-heat, welding and very slow cooling to ensure you don't crack the case. I wouldn't charge a guy to have his jeep sit in my shop for 6 hours with a welding blanket on the pumpkin though. really no work involved there. $200 for a Artec would be a fair price with out flat out robbing the customer.

Quick Reply: Evo C-Gusset Enough Weld??