Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

EVO bolt on "D" Ring mounts?

Old 07-05-2013, 09:56 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry missed this thread. If you don't get a return email. Please call us. It can get lost in spam folders. If we don't know about it, how can we help?

Our number is 714-879-8913
The D rings are laser cut. The D rings are made to fit snug into the frame. They are not designed to sit flush with the outside edge the frame. They are designed to be strong.

You can trim the frame for a flush look. Not required and you do not need to do this. If you don't feel comfortable cutting the frame then don't.
Old 07-05-2013, 10:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by maine07jk
Some of you guys just don't get it. I have no problem moding anything if that's what I feel like doing. When something says bolt on...it should be bolt on. Again I will repeat that their picture shows it flush and says nothing about grinding. I would have to do both if I want it to look like their pic. My buddy owns a fab shop and made me a custom bumper with winch plate for me. That thing was spot on and slid into place with zero cutting, grinding, welding, hacking. He had never made one before for a Jeep. That is custom!!!!! Yes, I understand these thing happen. I just wanted a nice easy mod this time around. I don't think I started HATING on anyone. Just expressed my concern about the obvious. It DID NOT FIT and IT DID NOT SIT FLUSH like they show in their pic. Have a great day!!!!
Totally agree! They should have it clearly stated on their website...
Old 07-05-2013, 10:18 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by takion
Totally agree! They should have it clearly stated on their website...
**golf clap**

Can we close this POS thread now? Kthxbai.
Old 07-05-2013, 12:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by paychex.308
you realize that "bolt on" means just that "bolt on" and not weld on. that is all. it has zero to do with cutting/grinding/etc. to come on to a forum and complain that a companies "bolt on" kit made you cut or grind just makes you look foolish! do a bit of research before you complain!

oh and pick up a phone, easier to respond to an actual phone call then an email that could have gotten lost. but that would mean you couldnt come on here and cry!
I really shouldn't but what the hell...

Last edited by JK UNLIMITED; 07-05-2013 at 12:41 PM.
Old 07-05-2013, 12:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

you realize that "bolt on" means just that "bolt on" and not weld on. that is all. it has zero to do with cutting/grinding/etc. to come on to a forum and complain that a companies "bolt on" kit made you cut or grind just makes you look foolish! do a bit of research before you complain!

oh and pick up a phone, easier to respond to an actual phone call then an email that could have gotten lost. but that would mean you couldnt come on here and cry!
Do you realize that you contradicted yourself by saying a "bolt on" means just that "bolt on" and then calling him foolish for complaining that he had to cut or grind a "bolt on" part. Do a bit of proof reading before calling him foolish as this makes you look foolish...you may cry now!
Old 07-05-2013, 01:04 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Some Long arm kits are bolted on, but require cutting and grinding. It implies the part does not need welded on.
Old 07-05-2013, 02:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

I just got some and it says on the site that it requires some cutting for it to sit flush. I knew it when i got them and couldn't be happier. Good product guys.
Old 07-05-2013, 02:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by PirateJK06
So.... Random question. Has anyone had any issues with police officers because you no longer have a rear bumper? Just curious, not too concerned with a fix it ticket
I'm a police officer and I have them on mine. You won't get any trouble from me!
Old 07-05-2013, 02:16 PM
JK Super Freak

Did I miss something? You lost me at "you"!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: EVO bolt on "D" Ring mounts?