Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

EVO bolt on "D" Ring mounts?

Old 06-28-2013, 06:00 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Could this be an a variance in the frame rail from the factory causing the fitment issue. Has anyone measured the dring mount to see if they are the same size as the one that slid in easily. Both of mine slid in no problem with no hammering.
Old 06-28-2013, 08:55 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Biggy
Could this be an a variance in the frame rail from the factory causing the fitment issue. Has anyone measured the dring mount to see if they are the same size as the one that slid in easily. Both of mine slid in no problem with no hammering.
Fair point. I will grab my micrometer to see how different my frame rails are side to side. I believe that the variation lies in the part, as I tried the one that wouldn't fit in both sides - and it wouldn't fit in either. The one that went in, did so with very minimal encouragement from my 3lb sledge, and a wood block.
Old 06-28-2013, 09:53 AM
JK Freak

Has anyone used them leaving the rear OE bumper on?
Old 06-28-2013, 10:03 AM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Tuto
Has anyone used them leaving the rear OE bumper on?
I don't think you can do that. The bumper covers the frame area where they mount.
Old 06-28-2013, 10:03 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by J.cyr8
That's not an EVO issue, unfortunately that's a Jeep issue. Not all frame ends are the same length. I know plenty of people who have had to trim their frame back a half inch or so to make them sit flush. Some even had to do so, that way the d rings could move freely. Unfortunately that's just a small hiccup to go through to get these on. Im picking mine up tomorrow, an I'm praying I won't have to trim. But nothing that 15 mins with a sawzall can't fix!!
I'm pretty sure 2012+ you will have to trim that frame.
Old 06-28-2013, 08:13 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by John.M
Fair point. I will grab my micrometer to see how different my frame rails are side to side. I believe that the variation lies in the part, as I tried the one that wouldn't fit in both sides - and it wouldn't fit in either. The one that went in, did so with very minimal encouragement from my 3lb sledge, and a wood block.

The side to side frame variations were under a tenth of an inch, if even that. They were not perfectly square, with the passenger's side being larger on the bottom than at the top by about 2/10ths of an inch.

I measured the mount that I mounted on the driver's side, and it measured 1/10th of an inch shorter than the one that would not fit. That 1/10th of an inch was what gave me so much trouble. I ground a little off already, so it could have been closer to an 1/8" too "tall."

Good news is that EVO is sending me a replacement mount, and I am sending them the original one back.
Old 06-29-2013, 03:47 AM
JK Super Freak

Good news is that EVO is sending me a replacement mount, and I am sending them the original one back.[/QUOTE]

Glad to see they they are helping you out. It's been a couple months for me and I have received no replies from them.
Old 06-30-2013, 09:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

you realize that "bolt on" means just that "bolt on" and not weld on. that is all. it has zero to do with cutting/grinding/etc. to come on to a forum and complain that a companies "bolt on" kit made you cut or grind just makes you look foolish! do a bit of research before you complain!

oh and pick up a phone, easier to respond to an actual phone call then an email that could have gotten lost. but that would mean you couldnt come on here and cry!
Old 07-04-2013, 05:41 AM
JK Newbie

Default But!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by paychex.308
you realize that "bolt on" means just that "bolt on" and not weld on. that is all. it has zero to do with cutting/grinding/etc. to come on to a forum and complain that a companies "bolt on" kit made you cut or grind just makes you look foolish! do a bit of research before you complain!

oh and pick up a phone, easier to respond to an actual phone call then an email that could have gotten lost. but that would mean you couldnt come on here and cry!

it clearly states on website quote!!!!

EVO Mfg Rear Bolt On "D" Ring Mounts

Details

EVO MFG Rear Bolt On D Ring Mounts for JK NOTE: Additional trimming of rear frame for flush fit
Old 07-04-2013, 06:42 AM
JK Jedi

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by paychex.308

Originally Posted by DAAM421
it clearly states on website quote!!!!

EVO Mfg Rear Bolt On "D" Ring Mounts

Details

EVO MFG Rear Bolt On D Ring Mounts for JK NOTE: Additional trimming of rear frame for flush fit
Just like my "bolt on" EVO Rockstar skids aren't actually "bolt on" u gotta cut the old shock mount off completely!

Quick Reply: EVO bolt on "D" Ring mounts?