Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

EVO bolt on "D" Ring mounts?

Old 04-02-2013, 10:59 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here is my opinion on the evo d rings, as I purchased them, and returned them. They sat way inside my frame rails, and personally looked horrible, and I'm not sure a shackle would have fit through the hole with the extra frame end. I called evo and they said u have to cut the ends flush. No where on evo's site does it say anything besides bolt on........
I would have had no problems with that, but the amount I would have had to cut would have cut into the weld for the cross beam the hitch bolts to, and I was not about to do that.
So I got d ring tabs from tnt for 20$, welded and plug welded them to a piece of angle iron, slid that into the frame and plug welded the outside and welded the plate to the frame ends. Cost me maybe 40$.
I hit them coming off a rock, but haven't recovered with them yet and there solid as a rock.
Old 04-02-2013, 11:09 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bigflex
I'm sorry but if your not willing to modify things then maybe offroading isn't for you. I get so tired of everyone whining about having to cut or grind. If you want CUSTOM then that is part of it. I am here to tell you that some of the best parts out there are all gonna required a little modding of your vehicle. It is simply the nature of the beast. I have been hacking, cutting, grinding, and welding on vehicles for over 20 years. I you don't have the capability to do it, or whatever the reason may be for not wanting to do it then don't. There is no reason to hate on an outstanding company that gives REAL WHEELS the parts they want. I understand that this is the cookie cutter age but give me a break!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OKAY RANT OVER
BOOM GOES THE DYNAMITE!!!!!!
Couldn't have said it better.
Old 04-02-2013, 12:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JKMARINE

BOOM GOES THE DYNAMITE!!!!!!
Couldn't have said it better.
Yup...exactly my point. You want custom....you gotta make it haha
Old 04-02-2013, 01:11 PM
JK Super Freak

I'm sorry but if your not willing to modify things then maybe offroading isn't for you. I get so tired of everyone whining about having to cut or grind. If you want CUSTOM then that is part of it. I am here to tell you that some of the best parts out there are all gonna required a little modding of your vehicle. It is simply the nature of the beast. I have been hacking, cutting, grinding, and welding on vehicles for over 20 years. I you don't have the capability to do it, or whatever the reason may be for not wanting to do it then don't. There is no reason to hate on an outstanding company that gives REAL WHEELS the parts they want. I understand that this is the cookie cutter age but give me a break!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OKAY RANT OVER
Some of you guys just don't get it. I have no problem moding anything if that's what I feel like doing. When something says bolt on...it should be bolt on. Again I will repeat that their picture shows it flush and says nothing about grinding. I would have to do both if I want it to look like their pic. My buddy owns a fab shop and made me a custom bumper with winch plate for me. That thing was spot on and slid into place with zero cutting, grinding, welding, hacking. He had never made one before for a Jeep. That is custom!!!!! Yes, I understand these thing happen. I just wanted a nice easy mod this time around. I don't think I started HATING on anyone. Just expressed my concern about the obvious. It DID NOT FIT and IT DID NOT SIT FLUSH like they show in their pic. Have a great day!!!!

Last edited by maine07jk; 04-02-2013 at 01:13 PM.
Old 04-02-2013, 01:25 PM
JK Freak

I get where your coming from.
Old 04-02-2013, 03:53 PM
JK Freak

So.... Random question. Has anyone had any issues with police officers because you no longer have a rear bumper? Just curious, not too concerned with a fix it ticket
Old 04-02-2013, 05:14 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by nevesjk06
So.... Random question. Has anyone had any issues with police officers because you no longer have a rear bumper? Just curious, not too concerned with a fix it ticket
Sure looks like I have a bumper!
Old 04-02-2013, 05:21 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm sorry but if your not willing to modify things then maybe offroading isn't for you. I get so tired of everyone whining about having to cut or grind.
I think you missed the point of the thread... cutting or grinding a "bolt on" product kinda defeats the point of "bolt on."
Old 04-02-2013, 05:32 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by maine07jk
Some of you guys just don't get it. I have no problem moding anything if that's what I feel like doing. When something says bolt on...it should be bolt on. Again I will repeat that their picture shows it flush and says nothing about grinding. I would have to do both if I want it to look like their pic. My buddy owns a fab shop and made me a custom bumper with winch plate for me. That thing was spot on and slid into place with zero cutting, grinding, welding, hacking. He had never made one before for a Jeep. That is custom!!!!! Yes, I understand these thing happen. I just wanted a nice easy mod this time around. I don't think I started HATING on anyone. Just expressed my concern about the obvious. It DID NOT FIT and IT DID NOT SIT FLUSH like they show in their pic. Have a great day!!!!

I'm with you. Some folks just want to rant at anything..... Did you call Evo or send that picture to them?
Old 04-03-2013, 03:17 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by RKracing
I'm with you. Some folks just want to rant at anything..... Did you call Evo or send that picture to them?
I have e-mailed them and have not received a reply as of yet. I finished up installing them last night. Have an event this weekend and needed to get them on.

Quick Reply: EVO bolt on "D" Ring mounts?