Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

EVO bolt on "D" Ring mounts?

Old 04-01-2013, 05:41 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Do they fit inside the rails? I'm not understanding? It's normal for them not to sit flush at the ends. There's a thread dedicated to them that evo talks about this issue, which is trimming the ends if you want them to sit flush. Not trying to be an ass, but it's in the directions. Trim them, put'm on, and bolt them down tight and your good to go. throw a little paint to them and you'll love them. I love mine!
Old 04-01-2013, 05:52 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In my original post and the picture you can see they did not even fit in the rails. They did not taken into account the metal over lapping on the top and bottom.
Old 04-01-2013, 06:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by maine07jk
In my original post and the picture you can see they did not even fit in the rails. They did not taken into account the metal over lapping on the top and bottom.
With all due respect, they obviously took that into account, as everyone's frame ends overlap like that. Even in the picture on their website, they overlap. Also not trying to be an ass, but before you start accusing a pretty reputable company, you should do a bit of research. Maybe you're just a rare case....
Old 04-01-2013, 06:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

If I'm seeing the picture right, it's "capped" on the end. I personally think that looks better than being recessed.

Have you contacted EVO about this? or are you just bitching to all us strangers? If you're not happy (CLEARLY) send them back
Old 04-02-2013, 02:22 AM
JK Super Freak

Yup bitching to complete strangers. I simply started this because I was upset that with the amount of these they put out they were not even close to fitting. I wanted an easy install and they are not. Nuf said! I am not the only one with the issue.

I guess some are missing the bigger picture. I was simply looking for a bolt on part and it is not. If they said some modification was required, this thread would not exist. If I had a couple hours to kill, I would have made my own.

Last edited by maine07jk; 04-02-2013 at 03:23 AM.
Old 04-02-2013, 02:33 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Every aftermarket part requires fitting of some sort. Manufacturers all build within a tolerance. Welcome to custom Jeep parts.

Old 04-02-2013, 02:39 AM
JK Freak

Im looking for a good deal on a set of the evo rings if you are going to sell.
Old 04-02-2013, 03:16 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by lowe516
Im looking for a good deal on a set of the evo rings if you are going to sell.
Let me grind them down some more to make sure they fit perfect and I will let you know. hehe
Old 04-02-2013, 05:12 AM
JK Freak

I agree they aren't quite "bolt-on". That is the OP's point. I had the same issue. Why pay for powdercoating when clearly one will have to grind down the metal anyways?
Old 04-02-2013, 10:21 AM
JK Newbie

I'm sorry but if your not willing to modify things then maybe offroading isn't for you. I get so tired of everyone whining about having to cut or grind. If you want CUSTOM then that is part of it. I am here to tell you that some of the best parts out there are all gonna required a little modding of your vehicle. It is simply the nature of the beast. I have been hacking, cutting, grinding, and welding on vehicles for over 20 years. I you don't have the capability to do it, or whatever the reason may be for not wanting to do it then don't. There is no reason to hate on an outstanding company that gives REAL WHEELS the parts they want. I understand that this is the cookie cutter age but give me a break!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OKAY RANT OVER

Quick Reply: EVO bolt on "D" Ring mounts?