Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

EVO bolt on "D" Ring mounts?

Old 04-01-2013, 01:18 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EVO bolt on "D" Ring mounts?

So I went bumperless in the rear and ordered the EVO Bolt on "D" ring mounts that fit in the frame on the rear of the JK. I have been reading posts here and there and it seems that the theme has been they they don't fit right out of the box.

With that said, I got mine today and found just that. As you can see below the frame pieces overlap. I would say who ever measured for the block on the d ring mount did not take into account this overlap. Why not??? I am no fabricator and could see it in two seconds and it doesn't seem to be an error with just mine. I was just hoping to have a quick install, but it seems that won't be the case.

Old 04-01-2013, 01:29 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

That sucks, mine fit perfectly. Maybe they've changed something in the past 6 months.
Old 04-01-2013, 02:17 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by afpilot82
That sucks, mine fit perfectly. Maybe they've changed something in the past 6 months.
I just installed mine less than two months ago and they fit perfectly. That sucks the op is having trouble. Never seen this issue before. Only issue I read about was how they don't sit flush with the end of the frame rail, which isn't an issue for me. I don't mind them being a little recessed.
Old 04-01-2013, 02:20 PM
JK Super Freak

My mounts fit good. I trimmed the frame back a little so they fit flush.
Old 04-01-2013, 02:30 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

As far as I know the rear frame rails have always had that overlap...

Old 04-01-2013, 03:55 PM
JK Super Freak

WTF is goin on here. Here is the picture from the EVO web site.

Looks like they sit flush don't they??????? Now I find out after grinding the shit out of them to get them to fit in the tube, that they don't sit flush and I have to trim 1/2" off the frame if I want them too!! They recess inside the frame tube. Glad they mentioned it on their web site.
Old 04-01-2013, 04:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by maine07jk
WTF is goin on here. Here is the picture from the EVO web site.

Looks like they sit flush don't they??????? Now I find out after grinding the shit out of them to get them to fit in the tube, that they don't sit flush and I have to trim 1/2" off the frame if I want them too!! They recess inside the frame tube. Glad they mentioned it on their web site.
That's not an EVO issue, unfortunately that's a Jeep issue. Not all frame ends are the same length. I know plenty of people who have had to trim their frame back a half inch or so to make them sit flush. Some even had to do so, that way the d rings could move freely. Unfortunately that's just a small hiccup to go through to get these on. Im picking mine up tomorrow, an I'm praying I won't have to trim. But nothing that 15 mins with a sawzall can't fix!!

Trending Topics

Old 04-01-2013, 04:59 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mine installed pretty damn easily. As far as the trimming....do it or dont. I didnt trim mine at all and they work just fine for me
Old 04-01-2013, 05:21 PM
JK Super Freak

I understand I can either trim it or not. Point is they don't fit for crap and I shouldn't have to trim anything. Nor did I want to trim my frame. Thought they would fit flush from the start.
Old 04-01-2013, 05:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by maine07jk
I understand I can either trim it or not. Point is they don't fit for crap and I shouldn't have to trim anything. Nor did I want to trim my frame. Thought they would fit flush from the start.
I understand, but that's not evo's fault....that's what happens when you have different assembly lines for jeeps. The ones coming out of one build center might be a bit longer than ones that come off the assembly line across the country. Modding never comes easy....just do what you have to do

Quick Reply: EVO bolt on "D" Ring mounts?