Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Evap ripped off on trail, then sucked up water

Old 06-03-2016, 03:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Evap ripped off on trail, then sucked up water

If anyone has any knowledge as to what I have to fix it'd be greatly appreciated. My evap ripped off on a trail without me knowing on a tree and I proceeded to cross water that was about footwell deep. The engine started running like crap and has a miss and breaks apart. The evap has a line running into the top of the engine and another that runs into the gas tank. I'm not sure where to start. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm assuming the evap lines that are now hanging must have sucked up water like a straw.
Old 06-03-2016, 08:07 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by taylorthedude
If anyone has any knowledge as to what I have to fix it'd be greatly appreciated. My evap ripped off on a trail without me knowing on a tree and I proceeded to cross water that was about footwell deep. The engine started running like crap and has a miss and breaks apart. The evap has a line running into the top of the engine and another that runs into the gas tank. I'm not sure where to start. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm assuming the evap lines that are now hanging must have sucked up water like a straw.
Hate to give bad news but you may wanna take it and have it looked at water in the engine can bend rods. Hopefully if you did get any its not enough and its just a vacume leak causing the poor running or some water made its way into the gas.
Old 06-04-2016, 04:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by shabbernigdo
Hate to give bad news but you may wanna take it and have it looked at water in the engine can bend rods. Hopefully if you did get any its not enough and its just a vacume leak causing the poor running or some water made its way into the gas.

Well I dropped the tank and it was about half water and half fuel in there so I drained it and cleaned it then reinstalled with new pump and all. She's running some much better now. But still when I first start moving in gear it kinda bogs down a bit before moving so my next step is probably injectors to see if they're clogged up with crap
Old 06-04-2016, 08:40 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by taylorthedude
Well I dropped the tank and it was about half water and half fuel in there so I drained it and cleaned it then reinstalled with new pump and all. She's running some much better now. But still when I first start moving in gear it kinda bogs down a bit before moving so my next step is probably injectors to see if they're clogged up with crap
nice. thats good news : )

Quick Reply: Evap ripped off on trail, then sucked up water