Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

EVAP Protection

Old 06-08-2009, 08:54 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Benchmark Designs Inc.
1" & 17 lbs.
Thanks for the response.
Old 06-24-2009, 08:50 PM
JeepSWAG
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If anyone ever has a warranty issue with a dealer, as a result of relocating the evap can, PLEASE CALL ME. I've sold almost 500 kits. Never once heard of an issue with getting the warranty honored. The only time that a customer called was when the dealer repaired a hose that came with my kit and covered it under the Jeep warranty. The dealer should have sent the bill to me and I would have paid it.

In regards to skid or relocation.

If you want an easy install, then skid. If you enjoy working on your Jeep, then relocate it.

If every inch of clearance counts, then relocate.

If you have more money than time, then skid. My kit is only $70 and less when you buy the steering stabilizer relo kit at the same time.
Old 07-17-2009, 08:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone know what the EVAP canister actually does? A few sites say that it is "an important part of the JK emissions system" but that doesn't really explain much.
Old 07-18-2009, 04:17 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Rockemsock
Anyone know what the EVAP canister actually does? A few sites say that it is "an important part of the JK emissions system" but that doesn't really explain much.
The evaporative emissions system collects vapors from the fuel system and stores them in a charcoal filter (the cannister we rip off). Then, when the engine is started, the control valve opens on the cannister and vaccum from the intake pulls them into the engine for combustion.

Now, if they could figure out how to hook this system up on cows so all that farting doesnt cause a problem, we'd all be safe.
Old 07-18-2009, 07:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks Brett. Tooling around across the bridge from my house I knocked my evap off on a nothing rock. I put my woods relo kit on, hit Moab last week with out a worry in the world and never looked back. Now I have to find a front drive line....
Old 07-19-2009, 11:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by HappyCurmudgeon
The evaporative emissions system collects vapors from the fuel system and stores them in a charcoal filter (the cannister we rip off). Then, when the engine is started, the control valve opens on the cannister and vaccum from the intake pulls them into the engine for combustion.

Now, if they could figure out how to hook this system up on cows so all that farting doesnt cause a problem, we'd all be safe.
thanks for the excellent explanation...I'll be relocating soon.

Quick Reply: EVAP Protection