Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Evap + MBRP ?

Old 07-27-2010, 02:11 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Evap + MBRP ?

Alright, I'm about to do a search but time is alittle tight. I'm contemplating the MBRP muffler before axel offroad exhaust system and have until tomorow morning to order in time for my trip. Do I need to relocate my EVAP canister to run this exhaust? I do have an unlimited
Old 07-27-2010, 02:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

If you look at the install instructions off MBRP's website, they have a couple pics showing the Evap canister in place. It looks close, but not touching, and the muffler ends just forward of the Evap.

http://www.mbrp.com/?page=products&m...&part=S5514409

Hope this helps.
Old 07-27-2010, 02:50 PM
JK Freak

Sounds like because I have a 4dr. I should be alright. Hearing many good reviews about it here so I think I'll bite the bullet
Old 07-30-2010, 10:03 AM
JK Freak

So I bit the bullet and purchased the kit. First off the quality is top notch. Everything fit just right. Install took under 1 1/2hrs and very straight forward. But, i'mreally not impressed with the results. The sound at idle is great but on the throttle it's not my cup of tea. As far as milage is convened only time will tell, although I did put it on not expecting any milage changes. Worse part is it feels as though I've actually lost some power! I don't have any leaks as I tested it all so that's not it
Old 07-30-2010, 11:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

I spoke with Steve Nairn at MBRP about that because that is the exhaust I just bought. They will deliver it to me at JK JAM 2010 as they will be a sponsor there. Anyways, he said the E-vap canister does not have to be relocated for the unlimiteds. There is room there for it safely.
Old 07-30-2010, 11:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

did you guys check out this thread?

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...=MBRP+Evap+bad
Old 07-30-2010, 12:53 PM
JK Newbie

I actually like the on-throttle sound. I just installed mine yesterday. Only thing people might not like is the slight drone around 2000 RPM when you let off the throttle. I can put mine in Neutral to get rid of it but those with an Auto don't really have that option.
Old 07-30-2010, 12:57 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by Northernmedic
But, i'mreally not impressed with the results. The sound at idle is great but on the throttle it's not my cup of tea.
Northermedic - I've been considering this exhaust as well. Can you be more specific about what you don't like about the sound when under throttle? Is it too ricey, too loud, too deep, etc. I'm also curious about the perceived loss of power on the butt dyno. I know not to expect too much of a new exhaust with the 3.8, but I certainly don't want to spend that kind of money and feel like I've lost power. Thanks.
Old 07-30-2010, 01:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by brother ika
I spoke with Steve Nairn at MBRP about that because that is the exhaust I just bought. They will deliver it to me at JK JAM 2010 as they will be a sponsor there. Anyways, he said the E-vap canister does not have to be relocated for the unlimiteds. There is room there for it safely.
x2. I did not have to relocate mine and I love that exhaust!!!

Quick Reply: Evap + MBRP ?