Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

EVAP kit

Old 10-12-2010, 10:13 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EVAP kit

Hey all. I am new here and doing some improvements to my JK. Does anybody have a suggestion on which EVAP relocation kit might be the best. I bought one but not overly crazy about having to drill through the cargo area of my Jeep.
Old 10-12-2010, 11:43 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by JDRescueGreen08
Hey all. I am new here and doing some improvements to my JK. Does anybody have a suggestion on which EVAP relocation kit might be the best. I bought one but not overly crazy about having to drill through the cargo area of my Jeep.
Personally im ordering the Poison Spyder Evap Plate, looks cool its cheap and recesses it closer to the the body instead of hanging out in the wind.
Old 10-13-2010, 02:33 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 362 Likes on 270 Posts

I've installed three (helped others install in two cases) of the Woods/JeepSWAG kits, if that's what you have. It's really quite easy and you shouldn't worry about drilling into the body (many after-market bumpers and rock rails are going to require drilling, so you might as well get used to it!). Add a spot of primer and topcoat to any bare metal you expose to prevent rust (not necessary for the new, stainless steel parts, BTW). And when reinstalling the hose with the white connector, be very careful that the O-ring is there and properly seated (most common mistake people make, and it will result in a dash warning light). If you were in the Oklahoma area I'd help you get this 60-minute job done.
Old 10-13-2010, 04:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

Here is what I used. I liked it compared to the Woods because like you I didn't want to drill into the body of my jeep just yet..Pretty simple to install too.

h ttp://www.kilbyenterprises.com/tb-jeep-jk.htm

Last edited by Absolute; 10-13-2010 at 06:26 AM.
Old 10-13-2010, 04:39 AM
JK Newbie

Default use the free option for this and return your kit

i think this is a great option and there is not kit to buy.

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...-Evap-Relocate!

Colorado Chris
Old 10-13-2010, 05:30 AM
JK Super Freak

I skidded it and that was it....nice and easy no messing around.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG00185-20100920-1920..jpg
Views:	75
Size:	89.4 KB
ID:	95256
Old 10-13-2010, 05:52 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by AvnxScout
I have the Poison Spyder Evap Skid. It took me about 30 minutes to install.
Ditto, and that thing feels like it could hold the weight of the Jeep, although I hope I don't have to test it. Plus it protects the evap canister on all sides.
Old 10-13-2010, 08:34 AM
JK Freak

x10! on the Poison Spyder skid. I installed mine back in July. I totally agree that it could take the weight of the Jeep. That thing is thick!!!
Old 10-13-2010, 08:45 AM
JK Freak

Poison Spyder! I'm a believer! My last wheeling adventure bent and scrapped my gas tank skid. I looked over at the poison spider and it just has some small scratches! That thing is a beast! The factory gas tank skid mean while... Looks like crap :( I'm pretty sure I'd have lost my evap canister had I not had the skid. We're talking minor scratches in 3/16" steel, after which the skid gave something like 3/4" more clearance! Yeah, evap would have been lost IMO.
Old 10-13-2010, 08:13 PM
JK Newbie

I bought the old dominion off road one. I was just checking because at the time I got it, it was the only one I could find. I do appreciate everybodys help and input

Quick Reply: EVAP kit