Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Evap Cannister Question

Old 06-21-2011, 04:33 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Sarathesahara
Anyone have a write-up for this? I've been looking and can't find one.
There ya go!

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...-Evap-Relocate!
Old 06-21-2011, 04:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bosox5
Awesome, thanks!
Old 06-21-2011, 04:36 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Sarathesahara
Awesome, thanks!
you're welcome
Old 06-21-2011, 05:06 AM
JK Super Freak

Relocating it also gives you the ability to make exhaust mods more easily from what I've been told. However, someone also told me that there is a federal law that prohibits us from tampering with anything to do with emissions on a vehicle. The law that was posted a while ago (can't rememeber where) can be interpreted in many ways including "removing" stuff or "tampering" with which would include the evap canister. Of course, the person telling me this has completely modified their exhaust system! LOL!!!

I did a quick google search and found this...nothing that screamed out about re-locating the canister...but then again, maybe its called something different..

h t t p://autos.yahoo.com/maintain/repairqa/exhaust_muffler/ques081_0.html
Old 06-21-2011, 04:11 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by mpkelley20
Relocating it also gives you the ability to make exhaust mods more easily from what I've been told. However, someone also told me that there is a federal law that prohibits us from tampering with anything to do with emissions on a vehicle. The law that was posted a while ago (can't rememeber where) can be interpreted in many ways including "removing" stuff or "tampering" with which would include the evap canister. Of course, the person telling me this has completely modified their exhaust system! LOL!!!

I did a quick google search and found this...nothing that screamed out about re-locating the canister...but then again, maybe its called something different..

h t t p://autos.yahoo.com/maintain/repairqa/exhaust_muffler/ques081_0.html
Who cares, not like you'll ever see the fuzz getting down on their hands and knees to take a look. I moved the can to make room for an exhaust change as well.

No codes, no issues, hardware from lowe's, not even ten bones. That's my vote.
Old 06-21-2011, 04:19 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by McPuck86
For the Evap Cannister, should I get the skid or relocation kit and why? They are the same price but I need to know which one is the better choice and why. It is pretty much the last thing that isn't protected.
You can relocate the canister for about $12.00
The skid plates are around $99.00. Relocation kits I'm not sure about. I did it with just a couple hose clamps and some fuel line. $12.00

Good luck with whatever you decide.
Old 06-21-2011, 04:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Something to keep in mind; I bought the Rugged Ridge evap skid, but it is not compatible with the AEV rear diff slider I also have, so I'm going with the relocate kit. BTW, if somebody wants a deal on a RR evap skid (the return shipping was more than half the original $97 cost), I'm in SoCal!

Quick Reply: Evap Cannister Question