Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

evap canister skidplate -

Old 01-19-2009, 10:49 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Big A
I have not bashed mine before adding this skid, And i only added it as a preventive measure. I have been over many rocks this year, And all my skids are doing their job.

besides, I have heard some people are having fuel/computer issues after relocating it, And it might be questionable for a warranty to cover anything related to it since the location has been modified...

Just my 2 bits, FWIW

I had the gas spit back at me about 8 moths after I relocated. They tried sensors and software, and seals, and finally the evap can itself. Before they would replace the fuel tank, though, they made me move the evap can back. Still didn't fix, so they put a new tank in and voila, it fixed it. I had to move the evap can back for my lift, anyway, so no big deal. Eventually I'll put a skid on, but for now it's soo high it doesnt matter.
Old 01-19-2009, 02:19 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Phishjeep
Still didn't fix, so they put a new tank in and voila, it fixed it. I had to move the evap can back for my lift, anyway, so no big deal. Eventually I'll put a skid on, but for now it's soo high it doesnt matter.
I have a dent in my evap skid plate... I hope you are luckier than I. That being said, I have wheeled it for two years without a skid plate and no issues.
Old 01-20-2009, 07:28 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by myorbital91
I have the rh skid and want to relocate - the rh sucks, doesn't clear the exhaust and vibrates like a bitch-worse than my drive shafts. you dont want that garbage on your new vehicle every time i look at it in the garage -it pisses me off - $400 bucks , fuck me... rh is a bunch of assholes, cheap shit with the custom, tested price...fucks...whoever sent me mine...I would like to spend a few hours with there daughter...and a cheap video camera...
Um... been hitting the crack pipe lately?

I have had the privilege of working on Armycop's JK with the RockHard and Big_A's JK with the Skid Row. Both are functional, but I (personally) liked the fit and feel of the Rock Hard a little better. Both are better than the nothing that currently protects the plastic on mine, but the hardware (bolts) on the skid row seemed to be lighter grade where the rock hard was welded.

Quick Reply: evap canister skidplate -