Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

evap canister skidplate -

Old 01-18-2009, 02:29 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RedneckJeep
After looking at both, I must part with the crowd and go with the Skid Row. That's a bad beotch. It requires NO drilling either, is a good bit larger than the Rock Hard and is a beefier made piece. The Rock Hard is all 3/16" steel. The Skid Row is a 3/16" plate and the front mounting brace is 1/4". Yup, when I get one, it'll be Skid Row. Check it out for yourself.
I don't think those bolt heads would fair to well getting bashed by rocks all the time. That's another reason why I chose Rock Hard.
Old 01-18-2009, 02:34 PM
JK Jedi

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by JeepinMass
I don't think those bolt heads would fair to well getting bashed by rocks all the time. That's another reason why I chose Rock Hard.
A few simple welds later and bolt heads don't matter anymore.
Old 01-18-2009, 02:36 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by RedneckJeep
A few simple welds later and bolt heads don't matter anymore.
true, but playing devils advocate here. If you're going to weld something why not buy the steel and make a custom one??? That's probably 10.00 in steel.
Old 01-18-2009, 02:45 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Not many rocks in south Louisiana, if I were wheelin reg with rocks yeah, I'd re-locate, but here , really no reason to. Mostly mud and sand. A few stumps here and there but nothing that skid can't handle.
Old 01-18-2009, 02:51 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have not bashed mine before adding this skid, And i only added it as a preventive measure. I have been over many rocks this year, And all my skids are doing their job.

besides, I have heard some people are having fuel/computer issues after relocating it, And it might be questionable for a warranty to cover anything related to it since the location has been modified...

Just my 2 bits, FWIW
Old 01-18-2009, 03:06 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by JeepinMass
true, but playing devils advocate here. If you're going to weld something why not buy the steel and make a custom one??? That's probably 10.00 in steel.
True. But the R&D is already done. I'm too lazy in my old age to do much fabbin. All I wanna do is bolt stuff on. It's a simple piece though. I might fab somethin up in cardboard to see how the template looks. ALso....all I'm really talkin about is less than 5 minutes worth of welder time.

Last edited by RedneckJeep; 01-18-2009 at 03:09 PM.
Old 01-18-2009, 03:08 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by Big A
.......besides, I have heard some people are having fuel/computer issues after relocating it,......

Right. I've read that a lot, too. Don't know if it's loose connections....or maybe even the computer recognizing more "space" the evap system. Who the heck knows? I do know that if I'm not havin issues with evap codes and all I do is slap on a skid, I won't have any issues.
Old 01-18-2009, 03:23 PM
JK Super Freak

Move it or cover it, which ever you decide is worth something.

Whoever decided to mount the soft plastic box to the low point of the Jeep should have the hell beaten out of them.

I choose to relocate, but that is just me.

Come on BigA, you know you really want to relocate yours
Old 01-18-2009, 03:30 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by wiredawg_mg
Come on BigA, you know you really want to relocate yours
What... And lose that hard free labor of Ross installing it? Nah... I think i'll keep it here.
Old 01-18-2009, 04:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have the rh skid and want to relocate - the rh sucks, doesn't clear the exhaust and vibrates like a bitch-worse than my drive shafts. you dont want that garbage on your new vehicle every time i look at it in the garage -it pisses me off - $400 bucks , fuck me... rh is a bunch of assholes, cheap shit with the custom, tested price...fucks...whoever sent me mine...I would like to spend a few hours with there daughter...and a cheap video camera...

Last edited by myorbital91; 01-18-2009 at 04:08 PM.

Quick Reply: evap canister skidplate -