Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

evap canister skidplate -

Old 01-18-2009, 08:37 AM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Got the rockhard also. 3 bolts off then back on, takes a few minutes.
Old 01-18-2009, 10:31 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for all the replies. I was kind of leaning toward the rock hard anyway, because of the one piece design, etc. But now I think I am sold. Thanks again everyone I know it probably would be better to do the relocation kit, but I don't know if I am lazy, nervous, or a combination of both. I am just more comfortable with a skidplate. I will be ordering the rockhard soon
Old 01-18-2009, 10:42 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by rubiRI77
Thanks for all the replies. I was kind of leaning toward the rock hard anyway, because of the one piece design, etc. But now I think I am sold. Thanks again everyone I know it probably would be better to do the relocation kit, but I don't know if I am lazy, nervous, or a combination of both. I am just more comfortable with a skidplate. I will be ordering the rockhard soon
I'm sorry I just can't see skidding it. I have RockHards relocation kit. He sent me a prototype, one of his first six, before there were any instructions printed up. With no instructions it was easy to do. And now I have that area freed up to relocate the muffler if I want or install a 2.5 gallon air tank.

Skidding it is like putting a band-aid on Jeeps mistake; when for the same cost you can fix the mistake.
Old 01-18-2009, 11:12 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by chuck45
I'm sorry I just can't see skidding it. I have RockHards relocation kit. He sent me a prototype, one of his first six, before there were any instructions printed up. With no instructions it was easy to do. And now I have that area freed up to relocate the muffler if I want or install a 2.5 gallon air tank.

Skidding it is like putting a band-aid on Jeeps mistake; when for the same cost you can fix the mistake.
Still though it the skid plat does protect other things then jsut the evap can. If you have all the rockhard skid plates installed then it leaves no space for anything for you to get caught on and even then moving it there is stilla chance it might get casught and torn up. I would get the skid not for jsut protectign the evap can but for the added bonus you get.
Old 01-18-2009, 11:34 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by rubican!
Still though it the skid plat does protect other things then jsut the evap can. If you have all the rockhard skid plates installed then it leaves no space for anything for you to get caught on and even then moving it there is stilla chance it might get casught and torn up. I would get the skid not for jsut protectign the evap can but for the added bonus you get.
Without the evap in its stock location there is nothing to protect; just empty space.
Old 01-18-2009, 11:46 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Big fan of the rock hard skid. It's very stout and I've bashed it on many rocks and it's still perfect.
Old 01-18-2009, 11:48 AM
JK Freak

I have the skid row, And it is a great kit!

It is not any closer to the driveshaft, So no worries.

Weird... I am the only one on here with this?
Old 01-18-2009, 12:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by chuck45
Without the evap in its stock location there is nothing to protect; just empty space.
i guess what i ment to say is if you install the bigger gas skid oil skid transfer case skif then without it it WOULD leave an open space after the evap was moved but i feel like if you go the entire package as i plan to do your covered everywhere like a sherman tank. The relocate is a great option but if you plan on skidding out your jeep then its not necassarily a bad idea to jsut get the skid plate and do it that way.
Old 01-18-2009, 01:08 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 362 Likes on 270 Posts

Originally Posted by rubiRI77
... I know it probably would be better to do the relocation kit, but I don't know if I am lazy, nervous, or a combination of both. I am just more comfortable with a skidplate. ...
Good luck with the skid plate. If you lived near me, I'd say bring it on by and we'll do it proper: Woods relocation kit. Maybe someone from the RI area would offer up, if given the chance. This is a good project to do during an area lift kit party.
Old 01-18-2009, 02:24 PM
JK Jedi

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

After looking at both, I must part with the crowd and go with the Skid Row. That's a bad beotch. It requires NO drilling either, is a good bit larger than the Rock Hard and is a beefier made piece. The Rock Hard is all 3/16" steel. The Skid Row is a 3/16" plate and the front mounting brace is 1/4". Yup, when I get one, it'll be Skid Row. Check it out for yourself.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	SKID.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	93.2 KB
ID:	17916  

Quick Reply: evap canister skidplate -