Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

evap canister relocation question...

Old 08-16-2013, 04:55 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default evap canister relocation question...

i am looking at buying the relocation kit for my evaporator canister but not sure which one to get. i was looking for one didnt require any drilling and pretty much had everything in the kit that it needed and wasnt a pain to install. if any one knows and could share this with me it would be great.
Old 08-16-2013, 05:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by WhiteWidow13
i am looking at buying the relocation kit for my evaporator canister but not sure which one to get. i was looking for one didnt require any drilling and pretty much had everything in the kit that it needed and wasnt a pain to install. if any one knows and could share this with me it would be great.
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modi...cation-232355/
Old 08-16-2013, 06:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

while that would work, I would still recommend either replacing the stock evap skid or move it out of the way entirely. The pure jeep evap relocation kit is the one I used. It is 100% bolt on and moves your evap canister up above the rear axle completely out of the way. The axle housing never even comes close to hitting it. I would recommend that since the stock skid is still very weak. Hit that thing with a good rock and you'll turn it into a parallelogram in a heartbeat.
Old 08-18-2013, 02:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Chronotripper
while that would work, I would still recommend either replacing the stock evap skid or move it out of the way entirely. The pure jeep evap relocation kit is the one I used. It is 100% bolt on and moves your evap canister up above the rear axle completely out of the way. The axle housing never even comes close to hitting it. I would recommend that since the stock skid is still very weak. Hit that thing with a good rock and you'll turn it into a parallelogram in a heartbeat.
And where can I get one of those for my 2008 2Dr Rubicon?

Any ideas?
Old 08-21-2013, 10:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Vuck Roger

And where can I get one of those for my 2008 2Dr Rubicon?

Any ideas?
I'm pretty sure I got mine off quadratic. Don't forget they give forum members free shipping.

Quick Reply: evap canister relocation question...