Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

EVAP Canister

Old 12-19-2011, 07:31 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JKred
This would likely be a lot easier but I didn't want to spend the money. The most frustrating part was hammering flat the mount plate. Sledgehammer got some use.
Hahaha, I do remember you telling me this!
Old 12-19-2011, 07:57 AM
JK Freak

If you dont want to relocate and drill holes the poison spyder evap skid plate is around $105.

Last edited by DarkS1de; 12-19-2011 at 08:10 AM.
Old 12-19-2011, 09:46 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by mt shawn 37
Do not relocate it. It causes the lines to leaks easier to get the evap skid it mounts in the same location. Toom me about 15 min to put the new one in.
I've had mine running smoothly for a month with no leaks. Forget the manufacturer of the kit but it's the one from northridge. It did leak for the first week because I attached one of the hoses without the rubber gasket that I didn't notice fall out. I haven't even put hose clamps on the rest of the hoses and no issues. No drilling with that kit either.
Old 12-20-2011, 07:56 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by iphonedylan

I've had mine running smoothly for a month with no leaks. Forget the manufacturer of the kit but it's the one from northridge. It did leak for the first week because I attached one of the hoses without the rubber gasket that I didn't notice fall out. I haven't even put hose clamps on the rest of the hoses and no issues. No drilling with that kit either.
Was it the rockhard? I went to order the pure jeep and northridge doesn't stock them. Not sure which one to go with now.
Old 12-20-2011, 08:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Santa is getting me the Poison Spyder EVAP Skid. Ordered it over the phone and was on the door step the next day. Very stout and great workmanship.
Old 12-20-2011, 08:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

jeepswag.com says he has sold over 700 kits for his relocation kit. must not be leaking at all.. and is only 65 bucks

Quick Reply: EVAP Canister