Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

EVAP Canister

Old 12-19-2011, 04:55 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do not relocate it. It causes the lines to leaks easier to get the evap skid it mounts in the same location. Toom me about 15 min to put the new one in.
Old 12-19-2011, 05:21 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by mt shawn 37
Do not relocate it. It causes the lines to leaks easier to get the evap skid it mounts in the same location. Toom me about 15 min to put the new one in.
does it really matter if the lines leak? I mean, a skid is good and all, but its a 50 dollar part, paying 120 bucks for a skid hardly seems worth it! I'd have to break it 2 more times to make an ROI!
Old 12-19-2011, 05:35 AM
JK Enthusiast

You will get codes and gas milage will go down.
Old 12-19-2011, 06:06 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by mt shawn 37
I don't know man, I have mine relocated and have had no issues with leakage, codes, or loss in mileage. I replaced all lines with 5/8"OD 1/2"ID fuel hose and put clamps in everything. No problems, and it's tucked nicely above the axle behind the fuel tank.

The hardest part was modifying the mount and drilling the holes in the body tub.
Old 12-19-2011, 06:10 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by JKred

I don't know man, I have mine relocated and have had no issues with leakage, codes, or loss in mileage. I replaced all lines with 5/8"OD 1/2"ID fuel hose and put clamps in everything. No problems, and it's tucked nicely above the axle behind the fuel tank.

The hardest part was modifying the mount and drilling the holes in the body tub.
Agreed. Did the same thing, as many others have, and no issues. Been over a year so far.
Old 12-19-2011, 06:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

How close does the axle get at full flex to the canister when relocated?
Old 12-19-2011, 06:18 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by JKred

X2! I'm running the Die-Tech relocation/skid and have had no issues whatsoever. Picked it up used for $60 bux or so IIRC.

Rick.
Old 12-19-2011, 06:28 AM
JK Super Freak

is there any relocation kit thats cheapest/easiest to install? i guess theres a DIY write up, but it involves drilling the body and I take my jeep swimming enough that I wouldnt trust myself to seal it properly
Old 12-19-2011, 06:52 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by sneck
is there any relocation kit thats cheapest/easiest to install? i guess theres a DIY write up, but it involves drilling the body and I take my jeep swimming enough that I wouldnt trust myself to seal it properly
The Die-Tech came with mounting brackets and bolts. I didnt need to drill at all.

Rick.
Old 12-19-2011, 07:01 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Guardguy
How close does the axle get at full flex to the canister when relocated?
I put mine behind the fuel tank to clear the rear differential, but you can put it above the diff with some of the relo kits. At full stuff of the passenger rear there is still maybe 5-6 inches of clearance from the axle tube.

Originally Posted by sneck
I just painted the drilled holes and then globbed some silicon on the hole as I put the bolts thru. An used some really large/thin washers. The silicon made a nice putty between them.

Originally Posted by Gossamer

The Die-Tech came with mounting brackets and bolts. I didnt need to drill at all.

Rick.
This would likely be a lot easier but I didn't want to spend the money. The most frustrating part was hammering flat the mount plate. Sledgehammer got some use.

Quick Reply: EVAP Canister