Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

EVAP Canister

Old 12-18-2011, 07:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just replaced mine if you have a 4 door you need the higher gallon canister also make sure you still have your vaccum pump if not get it to and the gasket for the pump. I got everything from the dealership they had it in stock.
Old 12-19-2011, 04:18 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by mt shawn 37
Just replaced mine if you have a 4 door you need the higher gallon canister also make sure you still have your vaccum pump if not get it to and the gasket for the pump. I got everything from the dealership they had it in stock.
where is the vacuum pump? all i noticed was 3 dangling hoses, and the black plastic box that had been there was now destroyed and all over the ground
Old 12-19-2011, 04:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

It attaches to the end of the evap canister and is white towards the rear end if all you see is the hoses and elec conection you need the vaccum pump. Make sure you put the pump on right hose connection goes at the bottom or it will not work right youcan put it in 4 diff ways.
Old 12-19-2011, 04:29 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by mt shawn 37
It attaches to the end of the evap canister and is white towards the rear end if all you see is the hoses and elec conection you need the vaccum pump. Make sure you put the pump on right hose connection goes at the bottom or it will not work right youcan put it in 4 diff ways.
oh damn, i just tossed the can in the trash, I wish I had known to look for that. I wonder if i can go fish it out...
Old 12-19-2011, 04:32 AM
JK Super Freak

Also, I don't see the pump on the parts page for the vapor canister. listed parts are

HOSE, Canister to Natural Vacuum Leak Detection
BOLT, Hex Flange Head
BRACKET, Vapor Canister
HOSE, Rollover Valve
DETECTOR, Evaporative System Integrity Module
CANISTER, Vapor
Old 12-19-2011, 04:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

When I crushed mine I didn't even see my pump found out when I went to the dealership to pick up the canister. The pump was $ 13.00
Old 12-19-2011, 04:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

Wasn't listed when I looked online either. Got everythin from the dealership. Cost the same as ordering online with shipping. Don't forget the gasket for the pump. By the way where are you located?
Old 12-19-2011, 04:38 AM
JK Super Freak

im out of boston. yeah I guess I'll swing by the dealer at some point. service manager works the same hours i do, so it makes it impossible to stop in the get parts
Old 12-19-2011, 04:41 AM
JK Enthusiast

I know what you mean. I had to sneak out and get my parts during lunch. Let me know if you have and more questions and recommend getting evap arrmor protection.
Old 12-19-2011, 04:51 AM
JK Super Freak

I'll probably pester you for install instructions; do you know if there is a write up anywhere? and yeah, I guess while it's off I should move it

Quick Reply: EVAP Canister