Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

EVAP Canister

Old 12-18-2011, 02:03 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EVAP Canister

So, I'm one of those idiots who decided not to do anything about my evap canister, just letting it sit there, begging to be destroyed on the trail. And I finally removed it, via a rather large uprooted tree. So, first of all, anyone have a link to the mopar replacement? I think I found it, but they have like 3, so I think I need the 18.5 gal one for 45 bucks. Second, is there any rush to get this replaced? I'm under the assumption it only matters for emissions, is there any other good reason to put it back on? and to go with that question, since I already removed it, since its dirt cheap, in my mind its a good idea just to order the replacement, and then leave it sitting in my closet till i need any warranty work or inspection. is this okay to do?
Old 12-18-2011, 02:51 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sneck
So, I'm one of those idiots who decided not to do anything about my evap canister, just letting it sit there, begging to be destroyed on the trail. And I finally removed it, via a rather large uprooted tree. So, first of all, anyone have a link to the mopar replacement? I think I found it, but they have like 3, so I think I need the 18.5 gal one for 45 bucks. Second, is there any rush to get this replaced? I'm under the assumption it only matters for emissions, is there any other good reason to put it back on? and to go with that question, since I already removed it, since its dirt cheap, in my mind its a good idea just to order the replacement, and then leave it sitting in my closet till i need any warranty work or inspection. is this okay to do?
not sure which one it is, but I have had an evap leak since relocating mine about 6 months ago with no issues to report. I think my gas mileage actually got better lol.
Old 12-18-2011, 05:07 PM
JK Super Freak

heh, another reason to try to keep it off. but does anyone know if its okay to run without?
Old 12-18-2011, 05:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

That is the vent to your gas tank, so you will have fuel vapors gathering under the jeep.
Old 12-18-2011, 05:20 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have got to think the computer will start complaining about the missing evap canister??
Old 12-18-2011, 05:20 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by spedly
That is the vent to your gas tank, so you will have fuel vapors gathering under the jeep.
so is it dangerous? i havnt smelled any gas yet
Old 12-18-2011, 05:22 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by OH9JK
I have got to think the computer will start complaining about the missing evap canister??
yeah i was told after the trail run that the most immediate issue is i would start throwing codes. i dont know if its because of the procal, but ive already put 200 miles on it since it got removed, no codes yet
Old 12-18-2011, 05:56 PM
JK Freak

I have ripped mine off three times. Think I am gonna get the purejeep relocate and skid.
Old 12-18-2011, 06:01 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Shortbuss
I have ripped mine off three times. Think I am gonna get the purejeep relocate and skid.
do you know offhand the exact part number you got as a replacement? how long did you run without one and how much did the replacement cost?
Old 12-18-2011, 06:10 PM
JK Freak

I got lucky every time and it was dangling intact! No codes. But the bracket is a bit mangled.

Quick Reply: EVAP Canister