Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Evap Can Skid Plate Mod

Old 02-14-2009, 06:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Evap Can Skid Plate Mod

I wanted to show my skid plate and see what all of you think of it. I did not want to relocate it because of what I've heard on the warrenty. So instead of wasting money on buying one (cause later I will relocate it) I just decided to build one. I have zero in dollars in it, just the time in buiding it. I started with a scrape piece of 10 inch c channel and it went from there. The left line I already made bigger as you can see it was touching the line, so it is fixed. I'm just getting ready for the April 8th Moab run. Next, I think I'm going to do the oil pan and the front of the trans pan (the rear is covered already). Thanks for checking it out.

Used the stock mounting bolts to hold it.

45 the front and rolled the corners. Used 3/16 c channel and this just lowered the ground clearance for a total of
3/8 of a inch.

Has plently of drive shaft clearance. Cut 1 inch drain holes so mud and rocks can be washed out.

45 the back and rolled the corners, notched for the lines, uses rear mounting bolt. Painted semi gloss black.

Last edited by Preciousmetal; 02-14-2009 at 06:52 PM.
Old 02-14-2009, 06:10 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

nice work!

Quick Reply: Evap Can Skid Plate Mod