Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Evaluate my logic here. Starting the mods on my JK

Old 07-06-2013, 07:49 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Evaluate my logic here. Starting the mods on my JK

Ok, so after a bunch of reading and looking at pictures, I have decided on going with:

37" Tires on 17" wheels, leaning towards the Toyo MT's as I love them on the truck
5.13 gears
Bushwacker flat flares.

I currently do not have a lift picked out, so I am still thinking on that. But I do have these teraflex 2 3/8's spring spacers.

I dont want to cheap out on the lift, but money is limited, so I was considering doing the above until I can get the lift figured out and bought, probably a couple months.

Any thoughts? I am way off here?
Old 07-06-2013, 07:54 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What year/model jeep?
Old 07-06-2013, 08:13 AM
JK Newbie

Its a 2007 Wrangler X 2dr.
Old 07-06-2013, 08:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 10Seconds
Ok, so after a bunch of reading and looking at pictures, I have decided on going with:

37" Tires on 17" wheels, leaning towards the Toyo MT's as I love them on the truck
5.13 gears
Bushwacker flat flares.

I currently do not have a lift picked out, so I am still thinking on that. But I do have these teraflex 2 3/8's spring spacers.

I dont want to cheap out on the lift, but money is limited, so I was considering doing the above until I can get the lift figured out and bought, probably a couple months.

Any thoughts? I am way off here?
What is your exact budget ? What do you plan on doing with your jeep, do you want to build it in stages or just finish it all at once. My next lift will prob be a bds with new links then down the road add fox 2.0 shocks. Very good bang for your buck under 2k with fox shocks and a lifetime warranty ... Bds is about as "cheap " as I would go ... If you drive a ton on the highway look in to aev 3.5 system it has the best road manars. If you wheel hard and go more then 2x a month go with rock krawler or teraflex 3.5 in system should be fine for what you want to do and you can keep your stock driveshaft at least for a wile. Make sure you get a kit with at least lower links to help correct caster angles.

Also I hope you beefed up your axels a bit the toyos are heavy tires! But they are worth it great all around tires. Good luck !
Old 07-06-2013, 09:58 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by madmike232
What is your exact budget ? What do you plan on doing with your jeep, do you want to build it in stages or just finish it all at once. My next lift will prob be a bds with new links then down the road add fox 2.0 shocks. Very good bang for your buck under 2k with fox shocks and a lifetime warranty ... Bds is about as "cheap " as I would go ... If you drive a ton on the highway look in to aev 3.5 system it has the best road manars. If you wheel hard and go more then 2x a month go with rock krawler or teraflex 3.5 in system should be fine for what you want to do and you can keep your stock driveshaft at least for a wile. Make sure you get a kit with at least lower links to help correct caster angles.

Also I hope you beefed up your axels a bit the toyos are heavy tires! But they are worth it great all around tires. Good luck !
I am looking to do it in stages due to budgets, but plan to do the above as stage 1, which I am planing on spending about $4000.

I dont plan to touch the front axle other than gears until I break something.
Old 07-06-2013, 10:18 AM
JK Newbie

Well with 37 as you know your in broken axel territory and if your on a budget a new axel is nothing cheap also 37 are big with the lift you might get some serious rubbing with the lift you have
Old 07-06-2013, 10:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

I am looking to do it in stages due to budgets, but plan to do the above as stage 1, which I am planing on spending about $4000.

I dont plan to touch the front axle other than gears until I break something.
http://www.quadratec.com/products/16189_2011.htm

This is what I would do with that budget ! And I would at least get a c gusset kit. Then when you snap a axel shaft do the rcv's.
Old 07-06-2013, 02:50 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by madmike232
Rock Krawler Suspension JK35TTLA-4 - Rock Krawler Triple Threat Long Arm 3.5" System for 07-13 Jeep® Wrangler Unlimited JK 4 Door - Quadratec

This is what I would do with that budget ! And I would at least get a c gusset kit. Then when you snap a axel shaft do the rcv's.
No I think you misunderstood. That is my budget for the wheels tires gears and the flares. I wont have enough left for the lift until later. I cant get everything I want at tge same time.
Old 07-06-2013, 03:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

No I think you misunderstood. That is my budget for the wheels tires gears and the flares. I wont have enough left for the lift until later. I cant get everything I want at tge same time.
Got yea sorry.... I would check out bds for sure then they seam like the best that would fit your budget !
Old 07-06-2013, 03:28 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

To run 37's as stated above additional parts needed. Don't forget drive shafts as well.

Quick Reply: Evaluate my logic here. Starting the mods on my JK