Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

ESP problems with lift??????

Old 03-07-2007, 10:07 AM
JK Jedi Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not sure if that was directed at me or not.

but everythings centered, it was check.

its very wierd it happens sometimes, I've had the lift on for a over a month and its just not kickiing in...
Old 03-07-2007, 10:16 AM
JK Freak

i'm sorry, i thought you meant the issue was that it was kicking in too much... i know it does tie in to body roll. i have on ramp that if i really really gas it, it kicks in, if i don't really really gas it and just really gas it, it never comes on. My guess is that your system is fine and the issue is that these tight turns while tight, aren't yet creating enough body roll to kick it on. The few times it does come on, maybe your going slightly faster which is just enough to kick it on. or perhaps there is loose stone/slightly wet roads that get it to slip just a hair and kick the esp on. I would do this. Find a large snowy parking lot. keep it in two wheel drive, press esp off once to turn off traction control, and do some really good donuts and drifts... my esp will kick on when i do that and go into a really hard slide that i have to steer very far to correct. if that kicks it on, i imagine its working fine. If thats not an option for testing it, and/or your concerned that something is definately wrong take it to your dealer and have them look into it. I hope this helps, but without actually experiencing it first hand its hard to offer much help. Good luck.
Old 03-07-2007, 05:31 PM
JK Newbie

My unlimited did this befrore the lift and tires, on two particular curves every time. It really startles me when it happens.
Now after putting on a stronger steering stabilizer.... the lights stay on!
Tomorrow we will try to adjust the steering wheel alignment. Thanks for this info.
Old 03-07-2007, 07:49 PM
JK Newbie

I just noticed there is a TSB for this ESP issue on 4x2's. It will involve reprogramming. MIne is a 4x4, but I will push the dealer on this one. TSB is posted on projectjk.
Old 03-07-2007, 07:53 PM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by greystonejk
I just noticed there is a TSB for this ESP issue on 4x2's. It will involve reprogramming. MIne is a 4x4, but I will push the dealer on this one. TSB is posted on projectjk.
Yeah, I also read that//

its the exact issue I have with mine.... Hopefully this will work on the 4x4's.
Old 03-08-2007, 03:33 AM
JK Freak

mine & my sons sahara does this all the time on one ramp we take every morning it freaked me out the first time , im not sure if i like the jeep applying the breaks without me, someone is going to get smacked in the rear end when this is going on and i can just imagine explaining that to the cops at the accident scene the jeep did it. wonder if some recall regarding esp will be in our future

Quick Reply: ESP problems with lift??????