Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Esp problem

Old 07-02-2011, 04:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Esp problem

I went from a 2.5" spring to a 4" spring and now I'm having the problem. Dash light comes on and the jeep drives like crap. I have recentered the steering wheel and still have the same issues. Any ideas?

Pulled the fuse for now.
Old 07-02-2011, 05:41 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I actually shut my eps off. There is a thread on howto do this
Old 07-02-2011, 07:08 AM
Super Moderator

Received 83 Likes on 75 Posts

X2 just shut it off. Mine did it but only around really tight corners at higher speeds...which is what it is supposed to do because it senses a rollover threat.
Old 07-02-2011, 07:11 AM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Do you have adj trackbars and control arms? With 4in of lift you really need to have your suspension set up correctly so when you make a turn it doesnt kick on. I had orinally put in a kill switch for mine, but I added more suspension parts over a period of time and i don't even use the kill switch now. Very important also that you have your axles centered, especially in the front. If you are able to dial your suspension parts in, the esp won't kick on in turns anymore than it would if you were stock height.

Last edited by mkjeep; 07-02-2011 at 07:14 AM.
Old 07-02-2011, 08:15 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by mkjeep
Do you have adj trackbars and control arms? With 4in of lift you really need to have your suspension set up correctly so when you make a turn it doesnt kick on. I had orinally put in a kill switch for mine, but I added more suspension parts over a period of time and i don't even use the kill switch now. Very important also that you have your axles centered, especially in the front. If you are able to dial your suspension parts in, the esp won't kick on in turns anymore than it would if you were stock height.
exactly..well said
Old 07-02-2011, 08:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by archijeff
I actually shut my eps off. There is a thread on howto do this
Cool, I'll check it out.
Old 07-02-2011, 05:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I screwed with adjustments for months... If you don't shut it off, when you least expect it, the damn ESP will kick in and piss you off.

Quick Reply: Esp problem