Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

ESP Kill Switch Write-up

Old 07-23-2010, 11:16 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bluejk09
Great write up!! Would the dealership care if they discovered this mod?
Originally Posted by GON WHLN
yes they would.... hide it all and remember to switch it back
Yes, like GON WHLN said, the stealership would definitely flag your vehicle if they found out.....I've had mine done for over a couple years, and the stealership never found it when doing my free services......

IMO - this would have been my first mod if I'd known about it when i bought my rig in Oct 2006....it's that good
Old 07-23-2010, 12:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

So if the dealer ever needed to work on the wiring under the dash, no matter how well the swtich was hidden, they would find out?

Last edited by bluejk09; 07-23-2010 at 01:57 PM.
Old 07-23-2010, 02:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

Can someone please post up a picture of the actual wire we need to splice? Im unclear exactly where it is? Please.

Thanks,

Flash
Old 07-23-2010, 06:03 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by bluejk09
So if the dealer ever needed to work on the wiring under the dash, no matter how well the swtich was hidden, they would find out?
Yes and No, you could hide the switch anywhere....in my pics, I put it under the dash......if you really wanted you could have a super long wire and run the switch anywhere.....Someone would really have to search for it ( where I spliced into the wire) to find mine....my switch is visible, you just have to look under the dash in the footwell area.......I covered my bundle of wires with plastic tubing...no reason for anyone to be snooping around there anyway.....If they needed to work on that specific wiring bundle, most likely they would find it....but for the most part they should never ever have to....plus my warranty is up at 100K, and I'm closing in on it.....

It's your rig....do what you want with it....if you conceal the switch there's no reason for the dealership to ever question it......Been to a few different stealership, never did they find mine..

Originally Posted by Flash1034
Can someone please post up a picture of the actual wire we need to splice? Im unclear exactly where it is? Please.

Thanks,

Flash
Sorry, I didnt take any pics when I did this, but only after, maybe someone else did.......Really it's not difficult....and if you cut the wrong one, then just solder it back together...you'll be fine.....I dont think anyone has cut the wrong wires twice....so you'll get it....

good luck
Old 07-23-2010, 06:43 PM
JK Jedi

Why would the dealer flag your vehicle for this mod considering Chrysler just sent out directions on how to permanently disable the ESP (aka "the steering wheel dance")?
Old 07-23-2010, 07:02 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Mskh20
Why would the dealer flag your vehicle for this mod considering Chrysler just sent out directions on how to permanently disable the ESP (aka "the steering wheel dance")?
Cause your the one F'in with it and not them. There's is a computer dance, yours would be cutting one of their precious wires.
Old 07-23-2010, 10:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

I did it tonight. Very easy and works as advertised. Thanks to you guys and this great forum!

Flash
Old 07-25-2010, 07:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 07rubisteve
RubiSteve,
Do you have the switch wired so that the led comes on when the ESP is disabled? If so, how, since it breaks the connection?

Last edited by bluejk09; 07-25-2010 at 07:23 PM.
Old 07-26-2010, 05:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

awesome thread...
Old 07-31-2010, 10:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

just did it tonight:] my dad came out and asked why my head was under the dash and i told him i was installing the fun switch

Quick Reply: ESP Kill Switch Write-up