Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

ESP Kill Switch Write-up

Old 08-21-2009, 11:24 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I did mine a while ago and it works great. The only problem I had was soldering the wires. They were tucked up too far and made it too hard. I used the solderless connectors and a lot of electrical tape.
Old 08-21-2009, 12:07 PM
JK Newbie

Awesome Steve! That's EXACTLY what I was looking for! Thank you sir!
Old 08-21-2009, 01:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but in what situations would you need to deactivate this? I guess i'm wondering what situations there are that it hampers or prevents you from doing something...
Old 08-21-2009, 01:52 PM
JK Newbie

Thank you so much.

It seems to be a quick and easy mod, I will connect it to the Daystar switch panel on the center console.
Old 08-22-2009, 07:57 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by isolated1523
Sorry if this is a dumb question, but in what situations would you need to deactivate this? I guess i'm wondering what situations there are that it hampers or prevents you from doing something...
I use it whenever I go around tight corners. Lifted Jeeps set off the ESP a lot easier even though they are nowhere near rolling over. I helps save the brakes.
Old 08-22-2009, 08:41 PM
JK Super Freak

alos i have had a few instances where i have damaged a harness or connector under the jeep, had i had this switch i could have completely turned off the ABS system and wouldn't have cooked thought a set of breaks.

also in 4HI mine like to go bannanas on my from time to time so this will keep that from happening.

Thanks for getting that write up posted
Old 08-22-2009, 10:27 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by isolated1523
Drifting the rear end around corners in 2wd on sandy, baja trails...
Old 08-22-2009, 10:35 PM
JK Newbie

Nice one..post it up...
Old 08-23-2009, 09:24 PM
JK Newbie

Update...

Try number one did not work LOL,......

I got two purple color wires and both seemed to have thin blue stripe along,,,,, I couldn't identify the light color blue as mentioned in the instructions. So I took my chances and voi la,,,,,, cut the wire, turn on the ignition,,,, ops nothing happened, all is normal, started the engine all is fine hehehehehehe.

So before cutting the second one, had to put the cut one back together,,,,, well that needed an extension being very tight and cannot bind together as it is.

By then it was getting dark outside and I decided to complete the job another day.

However, the switch is already in place and wires are next the harness, so I assume next time will go smooth I hope LOL.

Thanks again guys.
Old 08-26-2009, 06:26 AM
JK Newbie

There you go,

Reconnected the wrongly cut wire and identified the second purple color wire (I found only two) so no chances for mistakes hehehehehehe.

And voi la switch on, off connect as described and tried the process of activation deactivation several times and smile appears on my face. Its a tight place with short wires but definitly not rocket science.

Now no more worries disabling the ESP everytime the engine is off etc etc, one click and am done till I hit the road again yeeeeee haaaaaa it was really PITA

Thanks a million guys and keep up the information sharing.

Quick Reply: ESP Kill Switch Write-up