Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

ESP issues in corners potential fix

Old 08-05-2016, 05:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ESP issues in corners potential fix

Struggled with ESP coming on a lot especially at normal speeds in corners / rough road corners. Here is what I did to fix it...

First try: Toe is within specs, Fixed the steering wheel centered issue and added softer rear shocks... Didnt help.

Focused on "Roll Center" geometry as the culprit for ESP being out control. The fix - Raised the rear track bar axle mount to 3.75" with factory frame location (teraflex bracket). Front is sitting at 3" up from axle with factory frame location. It Worked!!! The jeep now has a much flatter body position in corners and rough roads. The rear end seems to follow the front input/steering easier into a corner versus before it felt like the rear wanted to come around in corners when the body swayed out of control. ESP has not come in similar roads driven at similar speeds!

AEV has a great writeup on Roll Center geometry ... The 3/4" difference fixed the problem... I am still running a 19mm swaybar due to the trailer I pull...a little still in the rear, but to be expected.

Other specs from my jeep needed to help others, 35's, 2.5" lift/ome hd coils, running 6.1deg caster upfront with AEV control arm drop brackets. Psc steering system. Drag link flip. front track bar parallel with axle and drag link, rear is not parallel with axle - doesn't matter in the rear imo after reading about roll center.

Loving the Jeep handling again... Thanks to the other members for the good advice to help finally getting ESP under control... Good luck, hope this helps someone else.
Old 08-05-2016, 08:14 AM
JK Junkie

Rear is the same ideally you want the rear higher than the front, like you have it. Glad its fixed
Old 08-05-2016, 10:36 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What programmer do you use to dial in Tire size etc?
Old 08-05-2016, 12:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

Diablo intune i-1000? Have used superchips as well...both are good. Will be adding a supercharger thats sitting in my garage, like the diablo for the engine adjustments
Old 08-05-2016, 12:37 PM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I never had a problem with it like some others. Now I know why. My kit came with this...

Nice find!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	RTBbracket 001.jpg
Views:	183
Size:	2.34 MB
ID:	653975  
Old 08-05-2016, 05:35 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Cats&Jeeps
Diablo intune i-1000? Have used superchips as well...both are good. Will be adding a supercharger thats sitting in my garage, like the diablo for the engine adjustments
Excellent.

Quick Reply: ESP issues in corners potential fix