Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

ESP Issues

Old 09-09-2007, 05:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ESP Issues

I have seen a lot of postings on the ESP issue in regards to BB and larger lifts. Exactly when and why does the ESP program become more active in the JK? Considering installing a Teraflex 2.5" BB
Old 09-09-2007, 05:54 PM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have no issues with ESP. As long as you do the steering wheel adjustment, there haven't been too many problems.
Old 09-09-2007, 06:21 PM
JK Junkie

We have the tera 2.5 BB and wheel spacers. I did recenter the steering wheel. The ESP has only kicked on twice. Once offroad going up a steep gravelly road in 2wd and the other time was on a torn up street. The torn up street was bouncey and mostly gravel and my fiance was flying. Other then that the ESP has never turned on. And believe me, my fiance drives it like a sport car sometimes. She makes me grab onto the holy shit bar alot.
Old 09-09-2007, 07:27 PM
JK Super Freak

I get ESP problems when I'm going downhill while turning (basically when the front left or right corners of the jeep is turning downhill). Other than that haven't had any issues.
Old 09-09-2007, 09:21 PM
JK Newbie

I really don't know what the magical formula is to make it work or not work right, but mine's gone into overdrive since I replaced my tires and wheels....no suspension changes, just going up to 33" tires. I believe my problem is attributed to the factory sponge like suspension and it's only heightened by adding more height and a wider stance. I'm waiting til I get a lift and new shocks on to try and firm things up before I really go apeshit over it. From what I've read up on this, it seems to vary a bit case to case.
Old 09-09-2007, 09:37 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

When I was running my TeraFlex 2.5" BB, I never had any problems with my ESP coming on for anything. And, now that I have my Full Traction 3" Ultimate Lift on, I still don't have any problems with it.
Old 09-10-2007, 05:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

Mine went active a few times. On curvey mountain roads in Va. and once on the PA TurnPike. The road was under construction and was WashBoard like. I thought I had a flat or blowout.

Quick Reply: ESP Issues