Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Esp disable?

Old 04-28-2012, 01:37 PM
JK Freak
Veteran: Air Force

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by cousincleatus
So you can just pull a fuse? Wich one? I can live without abs
The Abs and the ESP are the same fuse, they got ya.
Old 04-28-2012, 01:39 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by cousincleatus
So you can just pull a fuse? Wich one? I can live without abs
Sorry didn't read you right. Pull J6, but you'll magically lose cruise too!
Old 04-28-2012, 01:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jkrubcon
Explain the cruise
No clue...mine still works after the disable.
Old 04-28-2012, 01:40 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by jereb83
You have a 2010.
Old 04-28-2012, 01:44 PM
JK Freak

Does your 2010 have a cruise fuse labelled as such? My 2012, unless I'm freagin' blind, has no fuse for cruise, it's disguised, I'm guessing with the ESP/ABS fuse.
Old 04-28-2012, 01:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

You have a 2010.
Yes, it is a 2010...although its not a Rubicon though I don't think model type matters with the steering wheel disable.
Old 04-28-2012, 01:47 PM
JK Freak

Yes, it is a 2010...although its not a Rubicon though I don't think model type matters with the steering wheel disable.
Does your 2010 have a cruise fuse labelled as such? My 2012, unless I'm freagin' blind, has no fuse for cruise, it's disguised, I'm guessing with the ESP/ABS fuse.
Old 04-28-2012, 01:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

Are any lights on that should not be? I've heard that the clockspring can cause issues, but I am by no means an expert...see if your horn works. That would be the major giveaway.
Old 04-28-2012, 02:03 PM
JK Freak

Are any lights on that should not be? I've heard that the clockspring can cause issues, but I am by no means an expert...see if your horn works. That would be the major giveaway.
You may have missed my previous post in this thread, here it is:

Well after trying the steering wheel dance about 8 times it finally took. Took it for a drive and loved the results. On the drive I noticed my cruise didn't work. Checked its fuse, not blown! WTF. Well I gotta have my cruise, so after all that I reversed the process and went back. Then I thought, just pull the fuse. I did. Took it for a drive, love it again. Guess what? The cruise doesn't work!!!!! WTF WTF! Put the fuse back. Everything is fine. Has anyone just tried unplugging the ESP unit right under the hood?

My cruise comes back after reversing the steering wheel dance and also after putting the J6 fuse back in. (two separate procedures)
Old 04-28-2012, 02:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

You may have missed my previous post in this thread, here it is:

Well after trying the steering wheel dance about 8 times it finally took. Took it for a drive and loved the results. On the drive I noticed my cruise didn't work. Checked its fuse, not blown! WTF. Well I gotta have my cruise, so after all that I reversed the process and went back. Then I thought, just pull the fuse. I did. Took it for a drive, love it again. Guess what? The cruise doesn't work!!!!! WTF WTF! Put the fuse back. Everything is fine. Has anyone just tried unplugging the ESP unit right under the hood?

My cruise comes back after reversing the steering wheel dance and also after putting the J6 fuse back in. (two separate procedures)
Sorry dude. I confused myself. I had originally thought that you said that earlier. In that case, I have no idea man. That is pretty wacky. I thought we were still on the fuse/steering wheel dance...you have gotten past that do to cruise issues associated with doing either the fuse pull/steering wheel dance and are looking at unhooking the source...never done it and honestly, I have never heard of anything than the fuse and dance.

Quick Reply: Esp disable?