Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

ESP,BAS, Traction control lights

Old 09-27-2009, 12:30 AM
JK Jedi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Right on glad you got it fixed
Old 09-27-2009, 09:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

I lifted my Jeep a month ago and had both the lights on. Took it to the Dealer and they did an front end alignment fixing everything. This weekend we went and did the Alpine Loop in Colorado, nothing really hard but some roads were pretty rough (didnt even really need 4X4). When I aried back up and hit the highway I noticed the steering was really loose and both lights were back on. My steering wheel still seems to be centered but the steering has a lot of play in it from center.
What do you think this could be? Tomorrow I will be checking everything to make sure it is tight (have already done this once since the lift was installed).
I really hate this stuff, most other improvements I can live with but I really hate this. Even when it is working right, I hate it.
Why is here no way to turn this off?
Old 09-28-2009, 05:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

Today I put the Jeep on the lift and found the nut on the pitman arm (steering box side) to be loose. When I tightened it steering got tight, I checked the rest of the lift kit bolts and found several to be loose (3rd time I tightened them).

Permanently turn ESP OFF
1)To turn it off: start in Park (auto trans), neutral (manual trans).
2)start the vehicle engine and wait 5 seconds for system to check and complete
3) shift trans case to 4 high. Firmly set parking brake
4)turn steering wheel until it is centered and wheels are strait
5)turn steering wheel 1/2 turn to right. Hold steering wheel in this position.
6)Press and hold ESP OFF button for 7 seconds. Release ESP OFF button after 7 seconds. Wait for chime.
8)Turn steering wheel back to center then turn 1/2 turn left (counter clockwise). Hold the steering wheel in this position
9)Press and hold ESP OFF buttong for 7 seconds. Release ESP OFF button after 7 seconds. Wait for chime.
10)Turn steering wheel back to center
11)Press and hold ESP OFF button for 7 seconds. Release ESP OFF button after 7 seconds. Wait for chime.
12)cycle ignition switch to the OFF position.
TO TURN BACK ON DO THIS AGAIN. Light on dash will be illumiated saying it is off.

Quick Reply: ESP,BAS, Traction control lights