Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

ESP,BAS, Traction control lights

Old 09-26-2009, 07:31 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ESP,BAS, Traction control lights

I have had the jeep lifted R.E 3 1/2 superflex. I never had any lights come on untill last night going down straight road,ESP,BAS, and traction control all came on. When i got to the store cut it off and started it to come back home all 3 where still lit up, i drive home they never went off.

Once home turned the jeep off,waited awhile started it in the garage, all 3 still on, never any flashing, could this be due to low brake fluid(which i have not checked) or air in the line?

Does anyone have any clue why this is going on?
Old 09-26-2009, 07:39 PM
JK Jedi

if the steering wheel is centered and the brake fluid is low it would of only be the brake light....
Old 09-26-2009, 07:45 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by wildandwillin
if the steering wheel is centered and the brake fluid is low it would of only be the brake light....
Thanks the steering wheel is centered! Why would they stay on sitting in my garage?

In the owners manual the esp,bas lights are together.
Old 09-26-2009, 07:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

Maybe dumb suggestion, but I've had a couple of false lights in the past...

Have you tried checking if you have a DTC and then clearing them? If you have any DTCs, can you post them? How about disconnecting the battery for a while for a full reset (at least 15 mins)...
Old 09-26-2009, 07:55 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by hvilla

Have you tried checking if you have a DTC and then clearing them? If you have any DTCs, can you post them? How about disconnecting the battery for a while for a full reset (at least 15 mins)...
i will go check for DTC now, and post results!

Thanks
Old 09-26-2009, 07:58 PM
JK Jedi Master

if the lights are on, it means the system shut down the ESP,BAS etc.

Double check your steering, check and make sure the ESP wires are still connected. The system does a check at certain speeds, I believe its 7 mph and 25... It doesnt really matter.

If it reads something wrong it'll shut down the system
Old 09-26-2009, 09:05 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by hvilla

gave me codes c123c and b1648(rear right turn lamp control circuit high)
I cleared codes and ESP, BAG, TRACTION CONTROL all went off. going to take it for a test drive! Thanks to everyone for the help
Old 09-26-2009, 09:07 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Piginajeep
if the lights are on, it means the system shut down the ESP,BAS etc.

Double check your steering, check and make sure the ESP wires are still connected. The system does a check at certain speeds, I believe its 7 mph and 25... It doesnt really matter.

If it reads something wrong it'll shut down the system
I checked this first all was fine, thanks for your help
Old 09-26-2009, 09:23 PM
JK Freak

I had all my lights go on several weeks ago. I found that somehow during my gear install, the bracket that holds the ABS line straight as it passes through the steering knuckle had been bent down. This cause the front ujoint on the drivers side to rub on the wire as it turned. I found a bare spot in the wire. I rebent the bracket, repaired the wire, and the lights have not returned.

Just something to check...
Old 09-26-2009, 09:43 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by kflash
I had all my lights go on several weeks ago. I found that somehow during my gear install, the bracket that holds the ABS line straight as it passes through the steering knuckle had been bent down. This cause the front ujoint on the drivers side to rub on the wire as it turned. I found a bare spot in the wire. I rebent the bracket, repaired the wire, and the lights have not returned.

Just something to check...
Thanks, i just took it for a test drive no lights I will check that in the morning just to make sure nothing is rubbing, so far so good.

Quick Reply: ESP,BAS, Traction control lights