Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Esp/bas & traction control light

Old 03-11-2014, 02:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

My buddy's code puller said C102A. That is left rear wheel speed sensor. Part is $16.99 at o'rallys. Going to put it on tomorrow.
Old 10-28-2014, 09:46 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: ESC light coming on/going off?

I bought a used 2013 JK which has a dealer installed 2.5" lift kit. Shortly after purchasing it, the ESC light came on, which disables cruise control and ABS. I went to AutoZone to read the code. It came back as a steering sensor. At times, the light would go off, then come back on with no real pattern. My dealer took a look at it and replaced the clock switch in the steering wheel. I drove it home, then driving to work the next day, it came on again. I checked this forum for clues, and someone stated that lifted jeeps can have this problem if the steering wheel is not centered. The jeep thinks you are sliding if you are going straight but the steering wheel is slightly turned. I adjusted the track bar to where the steering wheel is centered, and the light has stayed off. This has been two months ago. No change in steering or feel. Only rotated about 1/2 turn. It helps to have someone watch the steering wheel while this adjustment is made, and make sure wheels are straight before doing it.
Old 10-28-2014, 10:00 AM
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That is correct that having the steering wheel slightly off center can cause this issue. You stated that you adjusted the track bar till it was centered. Did you mean the drag link? If so then you did it correctly. If you adjusted the track bar you will want to make sure the axle is centered under the Jeep by adjusting the track bar. Then you will want to center the steering. Wheel with the drag link adjustment. Let us know if this makes sense to you or not.

Quick Reply: Esp/bas & traction control light