Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Esp/bas & traction control light

Old 03-10-2014, 07:34 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Esp/bas & traction control light

Just got new mud tires and a couple days after mounted my lights started coming on any ideas?? Is it cause of the big tires?? A very loud humming as well, it's not the tires I know that it may be a bearing
Thanks
Old 03-10-2014, 07:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I have had those 2 lights plus tha ABS light coming on and off for a few weeks. Haven't added anything new. Have read on here it is a speed sensor. Not sure. When those lights come on my ABS and traction controll do not work. Traction controll not working is no big deal, but I would like my ABS.
Old 03-10-2014, 07:52 AM
JK Newbie

Thanks ill check it out
Old 03-10-2014, 08:04 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Could be a wheel speed sensor if that is all you've done. The sensor is on the inside of the wheel towards the front. Should be the only wiring going to the wheel. Or else your wheel could be off center and would cause your dash to light up too.
Old 03-10-2014, 11:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sometimes the sensor wire gets pulled too hard when they lift the Jeeps into the air. Unfortunately a simple scanner will not tell you what sensor is bad..

Only once.. But I did see it.. that new tires rubbed the wire and ate through it.
Old 03-10-2014, 11:51 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Have a friend with a procal/superchip run the codes or go to autozone. I had the exact same issue and it was my right front wheel sensor.. issue came out of nowhere driving home from work one day
Old 03-11-2014, 08:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

What parts store will pull these codes? NAPU does not pull codes. Autoshack and o, rallys only pull check engine codes. Don't won't to go to stealership.

Trending Topics

Old 03-11-2014, 09:09 AM
Former Vendor

We have seen a bad wheel bearing cause this issue.

As for the humming noise if that only started when you installed the tires then it is likely the tires causing the noise. If it was present prior to installing the tires then I would guess it is a bearing.

Does the noise change as you turn left or right?
Old 03-11-2014, 12:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

I've had this happen on several different occasions. First time, it was my steering wheel not being centered. Second time, my front right hub was bad. Both were easy fixes.
Old 03-11-2014, 01:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

Is your steering wheel not centered this just happened to me and you'll have to adjust your drag link. The jeep might be thinking you're In a slide and kicking on the esp and bas.

Quick Reply: Esp/bas & traction control light