Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

ESP/BAS Light on after 3" lift installed

Old 09-30-2011, 09:38 AM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default ESP/BAS Light on after 3" lift installed

I recently just had my Teraflex 3" lift installed. After completion I had to drive it a couple days without the rear sway bar links because of a stupid mishap on my part. The first night driving it home, the ESP/BAS & the light that looks like a truck that's lost control came on briefly, but went back off after a couple of key cycles. The next morning they came back on and this time have stayed on. Im wondering if anyone else has experienced this issue? If so, what needs to be done to get the issue resolved? Thanks!
Old 09-30-2011, 09:40 AM
JK Freak

I need to add that I got the links installed last night and thought that would take care of my issue because it would help with the stability but the lights have continued to stay on.
Old 09-30-2011, 09:44 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by ludski
Options to try.
1. Reset battery (unplug negative for 15 mins)
2. Check to make sure steering is centered.
So the steering not being centered can cause that? If so, then that is the problem for sure! My steering wheel is way off centered right now. Im gonna get it aligned on Tuesday.
Old 09-30-2011, 09:48 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dkjk
So the steering not being centered can cause that? If so, then that is the problem for sure! My steering wheel is way off centered right now. Im gonna get it aligned on Tuesday.
You can allign your wheel yourself. All you need is a 15mm wrench. On the drag link there are two 15MM nuts that you need to loosen. Once loosened you can adjust the draglink until the steering wheel is centered.

Easy Peasy

Rick.

http://project-jk.com/jeep-jk-write-...nment#steering
Old 09-30-2011, 09:49 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ludski
you can do it yourself REALLY easily. ill find the link in a second. takes a matter of minutes.
and ya, usually when lifting your jeep, the steering will come uncentered and cause traction control to flip out.

http://project-jk.com/jeep-jk-write-...-end-alignment
You beat me to it, faster typer!
Old 09-30-2011, 10:22 AM
JK Freak

Thanks for the quick responses guys! I love this forum!!!

Quick Reply: ESP/BAS Light on after 3" lift installed