Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Esp/bas

Old 07-09-2008, 06:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yep, I had it too, after lift install. But it was ok after the alignment shop did their thing... one of my fellow club members told me some days ago, that you could also go to the dealer to get the computer "zero'd" (?), and then it would read the new settings as normal. Don't know if it's true or not, though...
Old 07-16-2008, 01:06 PM
JK Newbie

Hey there!

have any of you tried disconnecting the battery terminal for 10+ minutes to reset the computer?

Just curious if this would reset the light.
Old 07-16-2008, 03:04 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by joyntman
Hey there!

have any of you tried disconnecting the battery terminal for 10+ minutes to reset the computer?

Just curious if this would reset the light.

You have to/shouda disconnected the Bat for the lift...... I did at least.

It Does re-set the light BUTTTTTTTT if the steering wheel is off-center, then on goes the light again
Old 07-18-2008, 08:44 AM
JK Newbie

1) i disconnected my battery for about an hour. (light came back on)
2) repeated. same deal
3) straightened the steering wheel, then disconnected batt. light came back on.
4) AFTER i straightened the wheel, and drove it, after 2-3 times of turning the car off and on, light went off! stayed off.

it's a 15mm socket/wrench on two bolts to straighten the wheel; piece of cake. see project-jk.com write up on do it yourself front end alignment for the walk through....
Old 07-18-2008, 09:19 AM
JK Enthusiast

My steering wheel has never been straight. I bought my 3 inch lift in oct 2006 and adopted my jeep in dec 2007. drove from the dealer to the tire store put on 33's drove to Paragon AP wheeled for the day, came home spent all night installing the lift, and the steering has ALWAYS been 5-10 degrees off to the right. even after 3 alignments at the dealer. my esp light did come on so i had the dealer run the code......alignment code..... go figure realigned and no more light. 20 months later and still 5-10 degrees to the right no light. So the steering wheel is not that big of deal compared to the centering of the axles and caster and toe in/out

07 JK Unlimited
3 inch BDS suspension lift
33x11.5x16
JKS quicker diconnects
rear adjustable track bar
oilpan/transmission skid plate by: Skid Row
Mopar rear offrad bumper
Custom front bumper bu RoundStar OffRoad
Warrior Products Tube doors (rear)
And "rock bites" everywhere
Old 08-18-2008, 12:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

I beleive the ESP circuitry reads the wheel position and averages the readings. My light finally went off after about a half hour of city driving. I wouldnt swear to it, but it makes sense. After my friends and I installed the BDS 4.5" lift, that little light drove my nuts.
Old 08-19-2008, 09:44 AM
Fallen Hero

The only time my light comes on is when I take the top and doors off. And even then it does not come on all the time.

Quick Reply: Esp/bas